Suggestion: Need 5G SmartPhone

shreeux

Movie Buff
My existing Phone Redmi Note 3 32GB 3GB RAM bought on July 2016. Rs.11999/-
(Now Hectic to Use for Regular Usage, Poor Signals, Apps not updating...Some apps are not compatible to install.)

Need to buy for Diwali offer or the New year offer. I don't have any Credit Card...Only DC.

1. Budget?
12k to 15k... If good features and futuristic will Extend

2. Display type and size?
No Ideas... Anything will be future proof

3. Dual sim?
Yes, if possible, an additional memory card slot is required.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Existing phone is Redmi...sentimentally fixed in Redmi or Same like good User Interfaces

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
No Idea...Anything Normal Usage and Good Pic Quality

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Stock Android etc).
Android or Anything Good UI or Without Bloatware Good

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G, 5G, 802.11AC/5Ghz, wifi).
Dual Sim 5G, Good WiFi, Bluetooth lattest version

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming, etc)?
Heavy Browsing, Live News Channels,Youtube Videos, Multitasking , and maybe some light gaming.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Redmi..other no ideas

10. Any other info that you want to share
Good battery... Good after-sales services... Need Future Proof for 5 years

Which one will consider 8GB+256GB or 8GB+128GB?

@thetechfreak
@omega44-xt
@TigerKing
@TheSloth
@SaiyanGoku
@RumbaMon19
@Desmond
@Nerevarine
@Zangetsu
@quicky008

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi shreeux!

Sorry I have not used Redmi interface so can't really recommend on that but check this thread,
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/sm...h-call-recording-without-announcement.212591/
most of the recommendation will be same I think.

About storage, it depends on you, i am fine 128GB but i heard people asking 1TB nowadays. So you need to decide on this.

CMF Phone 1 will be my top choice, can also consider Moto G85. Don't have high expectation from after sales.

All major phone brands have UI better than Xiaomi at this point. Xiaomi's power tuning at software level is not as good as others as well IMO.

At this price, 6 + 128GB for stock android phone is fine. 256GB is a must beyond 30k IMO.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Poco X6 was selling under 15k during Dushera sales ofcourse after card offers.

If you can't use any card offers, then these should come in your budget
Samsung M15
Poco X6 Neo
Realme P1

Since you're ready to extend your budget, you can consider these
Samsung M35
CMF 1
Moto G85

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Poco X6 was selling under 15k during Dushera sales ofcourse after card offers.

If you can't use any card offers, then these should come in your budget
Samsung M15
Poco X6 Neo
Realme P1

Since you're ready to extend your budget, you can consider these
Samsung M35
CMF 1
Moto G85
Flipkart show...POCO X6 Neo 5G (Horizon Blue, 256 GB) (12 GB RAM) ₹15,999 only...Out of Stock:-(

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
FK Dushera offers has ended, right? See if you can grab it in Diwali offer. BTW, under 15k was 8GB variant.
I mean,
8GB ₹12,999 only
12GB ₹15,999 only
for 3k extra 4GB

Any difference usage in 12GB?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I mean,
8GB ₹12,999 only
12GB ₹15,999 only
for 3k extra 4GB

Any difference usage in 12GB?
I don't think there would be any noticeable difference wrt performance with 12gb, after all the chip is not super powerful to make use of the extra 4gigs, if anything useful for the premium you pay, it's just get extra 128gigs of storage.
I wouldn't give too much weightage on UI, as we will eventually get used to in a week or so.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Just checked...Looklike complicated...if goes wrong
Initially we feel that way, join your model's telegram group. I am sure there would be ton load of discussion and people will guide you on how to flash custom ROM safely. After going through, if you feel comfortable doing it, you can go ahead and do it. Else ditch it.

I am using Redmi 4, 2+16GB variant. It was too laggy even for basic use. I flashed mine about 2yrs ago. I tried different ROMs initially before settling.

Of course you need good amount of time to understand/discuss about how to flash and backing up data, importing them back (you may not able to back up everything like some app data). Since I use this phone mainly for calls and texts, I don't bother about any other apps, the only thing I needed to backup every time was contacts.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Initially we feel that way, join your model's telegram group. I am sure there would be ton load of discussion and people will guide you on how to flash custom ROM safely. After going through, if you feel comfortable doing it, you can go ahead and do it. Else ditch it.

I am using Redmi 4, 2+16GB variant. It was too laggy even for basic use. I flashed mine about 2yrs ago. I tried different ROMs initially before settling.

Of course you need good amount of time to understand/discuss about how to flash and backing up data, importing them back (you may not able to back up everything like some app data). Since I use this phone mainly for calls and texts, I don't bother about any other apps, the only thing I needed to backup every time was contacts.
ok...Bank and UPI apps will work safely....Any threat?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
ok...Bank and UPI apps will work safely....Any threat?
I don't use for those things. But when I was checking custom ROMs back then some said they couldn't install banking apps for some reason, some said there is a fix and some said there are some ROMs didn't have those issues. So it's kinda mixed. You have to check for your device. I use the smartphone more like a feature phone, just for calls and texts.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
After Samsung A16, I see Moto G75 is offering 5 yrs of OS update. Don't know if it will make it to India, if it does may be it would be priced around G85 :unsure:

Samsung is known to give long OS support, and Moto is on the other extreme. Now both of them are offering long support, can we expect others would follow suit?

After Samsung A16, I see Moto G75 is offering 5 yrs of OS update. Don't know if it will make it to India, if it does may be it would be priced around G85 :unsure:

Samsung is known to give long OS support, and Moto is on the other extreme. Now both of them are offering long support, can we expect others would follow suit?
Will be good if others do. Not much innovation in smartphones + prices are increasing. I bought my S20FE 5G for 35k in 2021 (was 25k in 2022), there are still no smartphones under 35k that can outmatch it in all aspects, usually come short in camera quality & UI (subjective but for me, One UI is the best UI for now but Nothing seems promising). Samsung phones like S23FE have bad SoC.

Top Bottom