Suggest me an Apple desktop pc for iOS development and UI/UX design ?

RageshAntony

In the zone
My friend want to buy a Apple computer for iOS devolpment and ui/ux design . suggest an config for it
We want Intel core i5 8600k or core i7 8700 based Apple PC

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans: iOS development (XCode , sketch and Adobe XD)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mac OS X , Cent OS, Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB , 240GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 21"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 2 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: We want Intel core i5 8600k or core i7 8700 based Apple PC

krish_techie

Broken In
The are 3 ways to setup a desktop for ios development (these are all apple options, i don't recommend building a PC for ios Development):

1. Buy a Macbook and a monitor seperately and set it up.
2. Buy an Imac
3. Buy a mac mini

The cheapest imac starts from 1,06,400 Rupees so it is out of budget. If you can extend your budget till this then i would recommend you to buy an imac.

Most of the people buy a macbook air and set it up with a good monitor. This is the best way for me as you can use it as a desktop and take it out as a laptop as well. But my suggestion would be to wait for few months as a refresh of macbook air is on the cards this year, and i feel the current macbook air is outdated.

The last option is to buy a mac mini and set it up with a good monitor. But i would not recommend this option as mac mini is pretty much outdated and it has older generation processors.

These are the options from Apple. I'm not aware of how Mac Os can be installed on a PC, even if you install it would not be a smooth experience as per my understanding.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
He can try for a refurbished Macbook Pro 2015 one. Also if he intends to publish his apps on the App store, Hackintosh is not recommended. New Macbook Air is expected around September . Was expecting it to be announced during WWDC. That did not happen. MacMini is outdated but that's the cheapest option currently.

Top Bottom