suggest laptop within 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
i want to buy a laptop within 50k please suggest a good one,
keeping in mind the service centre facility, i live in ahmedabad and as well as jaipur so it will be good for me if there are any service centres in these cities

i atleast want an centrino based processor having 2mb L2 cache or duo if possible within this budget., with 512 ram, wireless lan, and hdd 40-60gb, and dvd burner if possible... within this range..

and also tell me how r the service centres of dell in india???

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Go for HP Pavilion DV2018. It is Windows Vista capable. 512MB RAM, Intel Core Solo processor, DVD writer, GMA950 Graphics, Integrated bluetooth and wi-fi enabled. It costs around Rs.50,000 including taxes.

More details @ *search.hp.com/gwineng/query.html?cc=in&lang=en&qt=dv2018&la=en

I was thinking to purchase the same. But atlast i increased my budget marginaly and went for HP Pavilion DV2002. I purchased it for Rs. 52,500 under TATA employees offer. My configuation @my signature.

Regarding service of DELL, i am sorry to say u that it is really poor. HP is way ahead in servicing too.

hailgautam

Youngling
GMA 950 will not support the Aero interface of Vista. you will need a dedicated grphics card for that.

Not have any experiance with dell service as yet but they are the most cost effective lappys. you can get a c2d 1.66+512mb+80gb for less than 50k, chek out the insprion 6400 or 640m

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
hailgautam said:
GMA 950 will not support the Aero interface of Vista. you will need a dedicated grphics card for that.

Not have any experiance with dell service as yet but they are the most cost effective lappys. you can get a c2d 1.66+512mb+80gb for less than 50k, chek out the insprion 6400 or 640m

Don't assume things. GMA 950 is Windows Vista capable. Here is the proof.
*youtube.com/watch?v=aTdTdTELZj4
Moreover all Vista capable HP laptops comes with sticker 'Windows Vista capable'. This includes mine which has GMA 950!

OP
T

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
thanks kiran
i liked dv2018 and planning to buy it..
also tell me whats the main diff. btw dv2018 and one which u have dv2002...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@thadhanihemant,
Cheers dude for making decision to buy a laptop!
DV2018 Vs DV2002
HDD: 60GB/80GB
1.3MP integrated camera in DV2002.
Best feature: DV 2002 comes with Genuine Windows XP Home edition preloaded with HP Recovery console.
With this feature you can reset your laptop to factory settings(Windows XP Home) without CD intervention! Moreover Genuine Windows advantage is always there for updates and free microsoft downloads.

DV2018 comes with DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom