Suggest a config for 85k

Hemanth2020

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: As a windows server hosting multiple sites, SQL Server, 2-3 VMs as testing environments

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 85,000 rupees, can be extended if there is a significant advantage in doing so

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows Server 2019

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 3 SSDs , 500 GB each

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard and Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 30-45 days from now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Self

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore/ Online also works if cheaper

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: System will run 24*7, so any extra cooling etc if necessary can also be added. Noise is not an issue

CPU - Intel i5 11400 - 19k

Cooler - Deepcool AS500 (2x140mm) - 5.1k

Mobo - Gigabyte B560M DS3H - 9.5k

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz - 13k

GPU - None

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000 500GB x2 - 10k

SATA SSD - WD Blue 2.5" - 5k

HDD - None

PSU - Corsair CV650 80+ bronze - 5k

Cabinet - Lian Li 215 or other mid tower ATX - 6k

Monitor - None

Total - 72.6k

Upgrades:
CPU - i7 11700 - 31k
Mobo - MSI Z490 A Pro - 15.5k
New Total - 90.6k

Look for 1x 1TB M.2 & partition if you can instead of multiple drives, will save money.

OP
H

Hemanth2020

Broken In
Is Intel the best VFM right now for the current spec because of shortage?

Early last year around March I had bought a similar config with Ryzen 3800 for 82k

Is Intel the best VFM right now for the current spec because of shortage?

Early last year around March I had bought a similar config with Ryzen 3800 for 82k
Some Intel CPUs are VFM because AMD doesn't have a cheap Ryzen 5000 part & that i5 has an iGPU, so don't need dGPU.
CPU mid range (1).png

CPU mid range (2).png

Top Bottom