Strange beeping sound from pc

quicky008

Technomancer
Recently as i updated my gpu driver(nvidia) to the latest version,my system became unresponsive after installation and started emitting a peculiar beep sound.

I couldn't pinpoint the source of the sound-afaik my mobo (gb b460 md3h) doesn't have any onboard speaker and so i dont think it was being produced by the mobo itself.

When i moved closer to the pc,it seemed to be coming from the gpu (not sure though),which is rather odd as i have no idea how a gpu could be producing beeps.

The gpu is a Zotac 1060 6gb mini.Is it possible that the gpu might be producing the beep sound to alert the user to some kind of technical issue after driver installation?

After this i restarted the pc and the beeping stopped,but started again once windows started loading.This gave me a fright and so i shut down my pc completely.

Should i attempt to remove the new driver and revert back to the older driver that i had earlier?

A sample of the beeping is attached below-can anyone help me to identify its source?

*drive.google.com/file/d/1BmmSTWEQ05lQZMnFYJteGjzFW9lPvYP-/view?usp=sharing

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Am not GPU Expert. I don’t know if Graphics cards beep. However, if they do so, ideally it should have some programmatic control like BIOS and some pattern. These beeps appear random to me.
Do you have any HDD in your PC? Because HDDs sometimes beep randomly like this before they fail. This may resemble failure to do a proper I/O due to stuck head or any other mechanical issue in the HDD.

If you have HDD, check its health using CrystalDiskInfo (Windows App) and confirm if it’s healthy or not. Remove all HDDs from your PC and run Live Linux or any third-party windows PE based disk and see if it repeats. If you have spare HDD/SSD do a temporary fresh install of Windows on it while this HDD in question is removed and check again. If HDD indeed has an issue, consider backing it up if relevant.

I would be curious to know what else is beeping like this if it’s not the HDD, when mobo does not have any speaker!

darshpreetkaur

Right off the assembly line
Recently as i updated my gpu driver(nvidia) to the latest version,my system became unresponsive after installation and started emitting a peculiar beep sound.

I couldn't pinpoint the source of the sound-afaik my mobo (gb b460 md3h) doesn't have any onboard speaker and so i dont think it was being produced by the mobo itself.

When i moved closer to the pc,it seemed to be coming from the gpu (not sure though),which is rather odd as i have no idea how a gpu could be producing beeps.

The gpu is a Zotac 1060 6gb mini.Is it possible that the gpu might be producing the beep sound to alert the user to some kind of technical issue after driver installation?

After this i restarted the pc and the beeping stopped,but started again once windows started loading.This gave me a fright and so i shut down my pc completely.

Should i attempt to remove the new driver and revert back to the older driver that i had earlier?

A sample of the beeping is attached below-can anyone help me to identify its source?

*drive.google.com/file/d/1BmmSTWEQ05lQZMnFYJteGjzFW9lPvYP-/view?usp=sharing

I was facing the nearly similar issue after purchasing HP laptop, which was hanging continuously and it was emitting smell and crakling sound. I tried every possible solution that I got fron Microsoft and HP. Everything went into vain. After putting much efforts, I found that I was related to chrome. I uninstalled it and started using edge. Then onwards, I never faced such type of issue.

Top Bottom