Solid Works Installation Error

toshar

New to this forum
Hello, I didn't find any relatable thread so making a new one.

I am trying installing Solidworks 2017 but getting error at the very first. Error - Unable to run solidworks installation manager. Verify that you have access to the directory and permission to run this application.
I searched for it on google and got silly unrelatable solutions, still I tried them but nothing worked.
The file is in .iso format. I mounted it in virtual drive, extracted it through Winrar, 7-zip, made full admin rights, antivirus-off, defender-off but got No lock.
Recently got freelance work to design Instrument panel Face Plates during this lockdown BUT.
I used the same setup in college days and I had copies of it in multiple drives. I tried them all but seems the problem is somewhere in my system but not in the setup.

Anyone families with it?
I have attached a screenshot for refrance and thats all what I am getting at most. Can I bypass the very first installation check? I forgot the method but many years ago I used a CMD command to bypass installation check of an exe file.
Stay Safe, Stay Home

Attachments

• SW.png
    SW.png
    97 KB · Views: 161

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Have you tried copying the setup to a directory on you hard drive and then running it?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Copy the content from the ISO to the C: drive folder and try installing from there.
Directories in the C drive is usually owned by Administrator. I think it would be better if he were to copy it to either the D drive, Documents directory or Desktop.

OP
toshar

toshar

New to this forum
@Desmond David @whitestar_999 @Zangetsu I used the same OS W8_x64 and same machine during my college days. The setup worked flawlessly but now when I try to install it shows this error.
Negative. The setup didn't worked on my system (same OS), even after a clean OS install, not even on W7 and W10 machines. I have multiple copies of the iso in different drive but none of them is working. Doesn't matter the setup location as I tried copying the setup file in C drive, SYS64, SYS32, etc folders and made admin account but seems like it has something to with particular windows updates or some of its files went kaput.

I have now access to broadband internet, gonna ditch this setup and will download a new one. Thank You
Star Home, Stay Safe

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like some windows update as chances of data corruption in multiple places(more specifically multiple hdd as different drives on same hdd is not much different from multiple copies in same drive on same hdd) is much less but still do check your hdd health by running cyrstaldiskinfo free version.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
*kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=154182019

this user had the same issue as yours:
*forum.solidworks.com/thread/87671

Top Bottom