simple laptop up to 25000 for Genral office work

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
1) What is your budget?
INR 25000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

General office work, some internet browsing, email & MS Word.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

None

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

NO

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
whatever best available.

Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
whatever best available.

Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )
person wants to buy it on EMI from options like bajaj finance as she doesn't have a credit card.

she looked at some renewed options on amazon india and wants to know if that is worth buying.

Thanks friends.

IMO nothing decent exists at that price, even at 30k. Heck, barely any decent ones at 35k which has ok dual-core CPU like R3 3200U or i3 10th gen + SSD + 1080p panel + 8GB RAM at least.

Among cheap laptops, this seems to be relatively decent:
ASUS VivoBook 14 Pentium Silver - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) X415KA-EK111WS Thin and Light Laptop Rs.46008 Price in India - Buy ASUS VivoBook 14 Pentium Silver - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) X415KA-EK111WS Thin and Light Laptop Transparent Silver Online - ASUS : Flipkart.com
This has a 4c/4t low power CPU, might be fine, also has 1080p panel. See if you can add a 2nd 4GB RAM stick later, if needed.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
thanks friend. i know but her requirements are very basic and she was looking at some renewed ones like the following

renewed
*www.amazon.in/Renewed-Dell-Latitud...3837712031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-1

i asked her to go for new but she said she has a tight budget of around 20000. i convinced her to increase it to 25000 at least.
saw the following which i think will be sufficient for her. any known or expected issues in these except performance? thanks again.

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-15-6-inch-Integ...7252027031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-2

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-V15-IGL-82C30...3837712031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-7

thanks friend. i know but her requirements are very basic and she was looking at some renewed ones like the following

renewed
*www.amazon.in/Renewed-Dell-Latitud...3837712031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-1

i asked her to go for new but she said she has a tight budget of around 20000. i convinced her to increase it to 25000 at least.
saw the following which i think will be sufficient for her. any known or expected issues in these except performance? thanks again.

*www.amazon.in/ASUS-15-6-inch-Integ...7252027031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-2

*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-V15-IGL-82C30...3837712031&s=computers&sprefix=laptops&sr=1-7
Renewed is always a no-no. Too much luck needed.

Rest, your pick. People who I know bought very cheap laptops have suffered in my exp, so can't recommend those weak pentium or old AMD CPUs. It is just too weak by current standards.

Laptop prices have increased after COVID, mainly for budget laptops. We had R3 + 4GB RAM + SSD laptops under 30k in 2019. Maybe see if ou are lucky to get some decent used ones, luck needed here as well.

Among the ones you listed, Lenovo one has 1080p panel.
Some budget CPU comparisons
N6000 doubles the performance of N4020. See if there are 3050U or at least 3020e laptops at decent prices with SSD & 1080p panel. Windows almost cannot run in HDD anymore.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Don't buy Cheap Laptops < 25k. I bought a 25k laptop for my Brother from Lenovo 3yrs back and deeply regret buying it.
After 6 - 12 months the Cheap laptops will start showing plethora of problems.

They use cheap quality parts inside to reduce the cost and make it budget laptop. specially the plastic components, keyboard, chassis etc.

Suggest your friend to buy a good Tablet in 25k from Apple or Samsung (which will last longer and serve general purpose).

Good quality and long lasting Laptops start from 35k onwards.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Renewed is always a no-no. Too much luck needed.

Rest, your pick. People who I know bought very cheap laptops have suffered in my exp, so can't recommend those weak pentium or old AMD CPUs. It is just too weak by current standards.

Laptop prices have increased after COVID, mainly for budget laptops. We had R3 + 4GB RAM + SSD laptops under 30k in 2019. Maybe see if ou are lucky to get some decent used ones, luck needed here as well.

Among the ones you listed, Lenovo one has 1080p panel.
Some budget CPU comparisons
N6000 doubles the performance of N4020. See if there are 3050U or at least 3020e laptops at decent prices with SSD & 1080p panel. Windows almost cannot run in HDD anymore.

thanks friend. will ask her to check. i too asked her not to go for a renewed one as i always prefer a new one myself.

Don't buy Cheap Laptops < 25k. I bought a 25k laptop for my Brother from Lenovo 3yrs back and deeply regret buying it.
After 6 - 12 months the Cheap laptops will start showing plethora of problems.

They use cheap quality parts inside to reduce the cost and make it budget laptop. specially the plastic components, keyboard, chassis etc.

Suggest your friend to buy a good Tablet in 25k from Apple or Samsung (which will last longer and serve general purpose).

Good quality and long lasting Laptops start from 35k onwards.

my experience with a 24000 pentium N lenovo laptop bought some 4 years back is completely different. sister uses it a lot for general office work with some video streaming always on and multiple tabs of facebook, some days even up to 16 hours. we never had any issues till date. added a ssd last october and she says now its working fast.