Should i wait for 5G phones or i should buy a 4G phone now?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Realistically, India would require at least 4-5 years for getting "proper" 5G networks. 4G spectrum is overcrowded and slow/weak at times. They might even re-brand current 4G as 5G like some USA operators did :rofl:.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
4G seems to be a better idea. 5G auction is yet to take place. It will take at least 1 year, or more.

No, just get a 4G phone. 5G will take years for implementation. Considering how all telecom operators are in loss, I doubt they are enthusiastic about 5G spectrum auctions, upgrading equipment, etc.

Truth be told, India doesn't even have good 4G internet speeds. I used to get 7-8Mbps in airtel 3G years ago. Now depending on region & time, I sometimes get as high as 30Mbps, but usually upto 8Mbps, then there are some places where you don't even get 1Mbps consistently even though your signal strength is good.

Engineer.AI

Broken In
No, just get a 4G phone. 5G will take years for implementation. Considering how all telecom operators are in loss, I doubt they are enthusiastic about 5G spectrum auctions, upgrading equipment, etc.

Truth be told, India doesn't even have good 4G internet speeds. I used to get 7-8Mbps in airtel 3G years ago. Now depending on region & time, I sometimes get as high as 30Mbps, but usually upto 8Mbps, then there are some places where you don't even get 1Mbps consistently even though your signal strength is good.

Additionally, with these sudden AGR woes and coronavirus outbreak, Its hard to say if 5G will even be launched by end of 2020. The best thing for OP, and India to, is to perfect 4G to its limit.

The way I see it, it reminds me of the bit-wars that gaming consoles were going through more than a decade ago. 32-bit, 64-bit, it all came to a stop because we've virtually surpassed all of that to a point where those numbers dont reflect what the industry is putting forward. Nowadays, going back to a 16-bit programme is not seen as an archaic decision, but rather a conscious choice.

Dont let industry trends fool you!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its just now when I am receiving messages from telecom operators (like Airtel), that "they have finally upgraded to 4G everywhere, and that I won't be able to use 3G".
So, guess 5G will take years for India. YEARS!

Engineer.AI

Broken In
LMAO! And not just slow (like, taking years slow), but also its speed would be reduced on launch because of poor infrastructure.

Top Bottom