Should I replace hard disk in my laptop

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
what about having SSD & HDD (either M2 SSD (if supported) + HDD or replacing current HDD with SSD & add HDD in a caddy as my laptop don't have DVD drive), so that OS, heavy programs can be installed in SSD & files & light programs can be installed in HDD, can it save money & give more space than using a 500/512 SSD alone?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
what about having SSD & HDD (either M2 SSD (if supported) + HDD or replacing current HDD with SSD & add HDD in a caddy as my laptop don't have DVD drive), so that OS, heavy programs can be installed in SSD & files & light programs can be installed in HDD, can it save money & give more space than using a 500/512 SSD alone?
Install everything on ssd, keep hdd for storage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

I am using a 240gb SSD in caddy with hdd, I have installed os on SSD and saving all my documents and pictures etc. On hdd.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Is it possible to find how much space is occupied by OS & Programs alone so that I can decide if I need 256 GB or higher?

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Is the usage of heavy software like Android Studio & emulators etc the reason why the HDD caused the problems (mentioned when this thread is started) in just 3 years of usage?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
I think 240/250/256 GB is just minimum. If the SSD becomes almost full will there be problems in downloding and installing windows updates?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

khalil1210

In the zone
Whatever ssd your buying make sure that you plan to keep 20% is free.

What is your current C drive size? Generally windows will take 60 GB. Android Studio and other emulators should take around 40GB. Of you are not planning to game, 240/250 GB should be fine in your case.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Whatever ssd your buying make sure that you plan to keep 20% is free.

What is your current C drive size? Generally windows will take 60 GB. Android Studio and other emulators should take around 40GB. Of you are not planning to game, 240/250 GB should be fine in your case.

Currently occupies under 320 GB including downloaded files. Android Studio takes more space than expected when we open projects in gradle folder, emulators also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom