Should I disconnect the laptop battery to extend its life?

sarosh

Journeyman
Hello All,
Hope all is well with everyone.
I have just purchased this Acer Nitro 5 laptop with the rtx 3050 for RS. 58,000/- including a coupon and an exchange of an old laptop.
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B099ZZ13JB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would be very thankful and interested to hear the opinions of the members on the below:

1) Is it a good deal for this price?

2) My friend seems to be inclined towards the 1660Ti although it is 2 years older. Should I have gone for the 1660TI instead of the rtx 3050?

3) Is Acer a good and long-lasting Laptop brand? Mores specifically, is the Nitro serious a good and long lasting series?

4) And the most important question which I need good advice about:
I will be using the laptop on my desk almost all the time. Should I remove the battery so that the battery will last longer? Maybe I can connect the battery in once a week/month and fully charge/discharge it? Please share your thoughts about prolonging the battery durability so it will last more years.

5) Finally, is this is a bad time to go for assembled desktop PCs? Buying a gaming laptop is so much more convenient than assembling a desktop PC, especially since the graphics cards are so costly now.

I'll be very eager and interested to read all your opinions.
Thanking you,
Sarosh.

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Also to mention that I already have a 1000VA UPS from my PC, so that will take care of power cuts.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
5) Finally, is this is a bad time to go for assembled desktop PCs? Buying a gaming laptop is so much more convenient than assembling a desktop PC, especially since the graphics cards are so costly now.
you can get everything at an affordable rate except GPU. So unless you already have one or have access to buying one at a reasonable price I'd say not.
3) Is Acer a good and long-lasting Laptop brand? Mores specifically, is the Nitro serious a good and long lasting series?
Should've asked it before buying :p Anyways, we aren't here to push your buyers remorse (if any)

4) And the most important question which I need good advice about:
I will be using the laptop on my desk almost all the time. Should I remove the battery so that the battery will last longer? Maybe I can connect the battery in once a week/month and fully charge/discharge it? Please share your thoughts about prolonging the battery durability so it will last more years.

Sometimes disassembling laptop all the way to remove the battery voids warranty. Most modern laptops don't have the old over-charging issue faced by older models. Keep it plugged in a and use a day or two without it being plugged in every week.

Top Bottom