Sena plans vadapav stalls to counter Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Hot vadapavs served in corporate style with a 'Jai Maharashtra' greeting from an assured Maharashtrian vendor - Shiv Sena will now take the popular snack to the Marathi Manoos their way.

LMAO *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/ohyeah.gif

Sena plans vadapav stalls to counter Mac

slugger

Banned
Trinamool Cong starts Rasgulla stalls

DMK/AIADMK/Ramadoss party start Appam+chicken stew stalls

TDP starts Haleem stalls

DIC(K) starts payasam stalls

BSP starts biryani stalls.........

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
we already have Jumbo King chain that sells pretty good vada pavs, but the typical marathi vada pav tastes different and sometimes much better

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
You people actually like Jumbo King?? I tried and it sucked.. Its paneer one was okayish.. The local seller here pawns JK all the way.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
The person who eats in mac will never eat a vada pav in a "stall" esp.

MacD is a style and lifestyle statement. A "vada pav" is not!

Now a days, there is one new chain of vada pav stalls in Mumbai named as 'Goli vada pav'.

The outlets are not like a Mac or even a decent "gala" at some places. The stalls are not hygienic. If you see the man there who serving your vada pav, you will ask yourself "Did this man have a bath today?".

Making vada pav is not enough, esp if you want to take on MacD.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
doesn't Maha have these Govt owned stalls where they provide adults/not just kids with a full meal for 2-3 bucks?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
^

Jhunka Bhakar. But the Jhunka Bhakar scheme has been a failure, with such stalls selling everything except Jhunka and Bhakar :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Vada pav is vada pav... and mcd is mcd. Both are in different league. How can oranges take on apples (or vice versa?!!). Imagine you feel like filling up your tummy with some instant snack.. nothing can beat vada pav! :) What if you wanted to haf proper tummy filling food? Goto Mac...

Stupid ppl always trying to mess up with everything...

I never found vada pavs tasty anyway...
I prefer bhel puri.

PS:/*Can't allow these type of statements here, it will only lead to another flame thread.*/

Last edited by a moderator:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Cool. Something good they are doing. I feel it's not about vada pav. I am from Andhra and belive me today's chidren are totally forgetting the home made food that AP is famous for. We call them "Pindi Vantalu". Nothing beats food like this and chats and mirchi-bajji etc. I hope every state make their people keep one hand on traditional food and just an eye on pizzas' and burgers.

Cool. Something good they are doing. I feel it's not about vada pav. I am from Andhra and belive me today's chidren are totally forgetting the home made food that AP is famous for. We call them "Pindi Vantalu". Nothing beats food like this and chats and mirchi-bajji etc. I hope every state make their people keep one hand on traditional food and just an eye on pizzas' and burgers.
whats wrong with pizzas and burgers ? today's anticonservationalist generation hates the imposition of their parent's culture onto them. And yes, food is a matter of choice. For example, me and my friends have a lunch consisting of three Chilli Bajjis, a plate of bhel puri or samosa, a burger, a rava idli, lime juice and a glass of coffee when we go out eatary hopping. Thats what I call modern culture. A hybrid of many.

This could even be cheap publicity campaign for the parties involved.
actually, it IS A PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN. Its too obvious for words. Look at the fact that only maharashtrians will be employed. Typical Thackery family doing.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Slowly and certainly people are moving away from the traditional food's for pizza's and burgers. Yes. I eat pizza's too but 8 times out of 10 I prefer Indian food. I am not saying that everyone should prefer local food all the time. It's just that they should not neglect it. Next step will be ignoring it and then forgetting it. Which is already happening in couple of places.

Slowly and certainly people are moving away from the traditional food's for pizza's and burgers. Yes. I eat pizza's too but 8 times out of 10 I prefer Indian food. I am not saying that everyone should prefer local food all the time. It's just that they should not neglect it. Next step will be ignoring it and then forgetting it. Which is already happening in couple of places.
ever heard of darwin's theories of natural selection and survival of the fittest ? Thats what is happening here.

And the burgers and pizzas available in India is in no way "purely foregin". Indians eat pizzas with ketchup, a practice frowned upon else were. Our Indian burgers have cutlets made with Indian spices within them. The so called chinese food in India is in no way purely chinese. It tastes sick to the desi tongue in china. Our version is highly modified and made according to our needs.

In simple words, the so called foregin food in India is just highly Indianised food whose sources are not worth mentioning. But they have adapted to changes, and hence survive.

PS: I in no way oppose desi food. I eat minimum one bhel puri and one samosa per day, and consume atleast 15 chilli bajjis per week. I love biryani. But, I still shovel in Gobi Manchuri, Shezwaan Noodles, Chop Suey and Pizzas like a freak.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
May be they can be successful, if they are able to price it correctly. Fact remains that for most ppl McD is preposterously expensive. But SS is not a business organization and when do the elections come up in Maharshtra?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Gautam. hmm. you don't have to stop eating bajjis' and start eating burger to survive :)

Yes. little spices are added to burgers and pizzas and am not against this too.

I am saying that people are neglecting traditional food and not commenting about people having one burger per week or per day etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom