Screen guard for Samsung M20

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Is there any protective glass pre-built for Samsung M20 ? Something like Corning Gorilla glass ? Or do we need to use a screen guard ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Samsung has not revealed the protection used in M20. But you can buy the tempered glass protection if there isn't applied any.

You actually used a phone without tempered glass,people even buy tempered glass for phones with corning gorilla glass nowadays just to avoid taking any chances.
I'm one of those people using protection over Gorilla Glass. My old S2 with Gorilla Glass did get a micro scratch after a month of usage w/o protection. I was using my S8 w/o protection in the US for almost a year, but won't do in India because India is far more dusty, so more chance of getting scratched.
Why your brand-new smartphone will scratch just as easily as your old one

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
When a company says it has a battery, we expect it will work without line power. Just like that when they say it has Corning Gorilla Glass or Dragontrail glass, we expect no scratch in almost ideal condition ( table top, empty pocket etc ).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Coming to the actual question. Does M20 have any screen protection at all ?
I don't think it does
Samsung Galaxy M20 Review – Next big budget bestseller is here!
The phone doesn’t have Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and the company doesn’t say if the phone comes with any kind of hardened glass for protection against scratches.
As it always has been with low end samsung phones, they cut down on some essential things to keep margins high.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
When a company says it has a battery, we expect it will work without line power. Just like that when they say it has Corning Gorilla Glass or Dragontrail glass, we expect no scratch in almost ideal condition ( table top, empty pocket etc ).
Get a Tempered glass ASAP to avoid further scratches.

Hard objects such as Coin, Nails, Keys etc don't scratch the protective glass surface due to 9H rating of hardness. The main culprit is the dust in the Air and some times in your fingers when you directly wipe the screen without using lint free cloths the scratches appear (a.k.a Micro scratches) due to the fact that dust contains many particles whose hardness increase than the 9H rating. Diamond & Sand are another such things which can easily scratch the surface.

I have already ordered one. I believed when someone said it has Dragontrail protection.
GSMArena is a great place to check such info. It rarely gets stuff wrong, even when it does, its usually for a just released phone.
Compare Samsung Galaxy M20 vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I believed someone after reading Gadgets 360 and GSM arena ( which didn't mention about any protection ). I should learn not to trust the people we meet online.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Brother even if it has dragon or butterfly glass don't for a second believe that it won't get scratched until and unless it is manufactured by Tesla.
Get a guard for all of your phones. If the glass is a no for you then get something from Gadgetshieldz or Dbrand. The former has reduced its quality with the recent devices but it is okay for the price.

Top Bottom