[SCAM ALERT]Digital India, ab badega Bharat

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

So there was this ad in a newspaper like a month back which said that if your birthday minus year or something is this then you can get a maruti brezza or 750000. No other info was given.

*i66.tinypic.com/21acg2.jpg

Obviously as a rational guy I thought that it is not possible. Me and my colleague, we both got that number. So, we thought why not send this form filled and see what actually happens. We are not giving away any info like pan, bank detail etc. So, why don't we go ahead and see what they say or do? We filled the form and sent it.

And in return we got this

*i67.tinypic.com/2088rph.jpg

*i66.tinypic.com/1z6sb3o.jpg

*i63.tinypic.com/r8x9xk.jpg

*i64.tinypic.com/wof7k.jpg

*i68.tinypic.com/2n04svl.jpg

*i66.tinypic.com/2128kmt.jpg

*i68.tinypic.com/2n04svl.jpg

We didn't do anything, so we got this after like 20-25 days
*i65.tinypic.com/am8h15.jpg

*i68.tinypic.com/1438td.jpg

*i63.tinypic.com/ilke9t.jpg

*i68.tinypic.com/o6dvk0.jpg
*i63.tinypic.com/sdlg28.jpg

*i65.tinypic.com/16hj13c.jpg

Conclusions-
1. The first package didn't had any number or email address, so we were right about our apparition.
2. Let's say they had to give us the money, legally they sent their first set of documents on I think 6th March, not sure, and we got them on 8th and we had like one day to send them back otherwise we won't get the products. I didn't bother to read the rest of the T&C's
3. In the second set, they are literally rebuking us because we are not taking the money and we don't know what that money could do for us lol
4. We had to purchase like unbranded stuff at skyhigh prices to be eligible for this btw.
5. Somewhere they write that our 750000 bank transfer is on halt as we are not buying stuff and somewhere they say that we can get it in cash. As per IT rules, they cannot pay more than 2 lakhs in cash, of the little what I know.
6. The second set had the customer support number, it was busy the whole time.

Why am I writing this because about 40-50 people out of 100 will fall for this. In no way I am saying that it is a scam but the legal points are against the persons who will think that they got lucky.

Cheers

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No need to visit police stations after launch of complaint portal - Times of India
Once it is launched you can report any cyber crime even anonymously.Now if only this scam has some cyber component.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No need to visit police stations after launch of complaint portal - Times of India
Once it is launched you can report any cyber crime even anonymously.Now if only this scam has some cyber component.
No cyber component here. Moreover legally these people are not wrong considering their T&C's.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The products in the catalogue are flop products in the market who approached this Director to get it sold in a lot for a commission.
And this is one of way of selling the products.
May be there will a Winner or may be not. But people who fell for it will end up buying waste products.

I get mails in my SPAMBOX from Readers Digest grand prize every year

@billubakra : Do me a favor and please upload images where I don't have to tilt my head to read it.

Top Bottom