Samsung S10 lite to discontinue?

monkey

Padawan
I was going to buy Samsung S10 lite for my father through a local dealer but was finding it hard to get due to supply issue. After waiting for 3 days the dealer has told me that Samsung has discontinued S10 lite due to some technical fault and will be replacing it with another model.

Normally I take such comments with grain of salt but the local dealer is very big Samsung mobile supplier in my area and has 2 huge Samsung showrooms. I have been buying mobiles through him for the past 15 years and have found to him genuine in all his deals. Thus I was taken aback with this mews.

Can anybody confirm this news?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^Samsung won't discontinue a new model in a month unless it had an exploding battery issue. :lol:
Available in stock here:
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite ( 128 GB Storage, 8 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com

PS: Don't take local dealer's words seriously. Order online, save yourself from spending more.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
^Samsung won't discontinue a new model in a month unless it had an exploding battery issue. :lol:
Available in stock here:
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite ( 128 GB Storage, 8 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com

PS: Don't take local dealer's words seriously. Order online, save yourself from spending more.

I know its available online but my local dealer offered for 1k less than online prices. I trust this guy as I have been buying mobiles for quite long time at the prices better than anywhere in west Delhi. Also, like I said earlier, he is a very big stockist of Samsung mobiles so I kinda listen to what he says. He offered Note 10 lite instead but I think that phone is not worth with the kind of CPU it has.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I know its available online but my local dealer offered for 1k less than online prices. I trust this guy as I have been buying mobiles for quite long time at the prices better than anywhere in west Delhi. Also, like I said earlier, he is a very big stockist of Samsung mobiles so I kinda listen to what he says. He offered Note 10 lite instead but I think that phone is not worth with the kind of CPU it has.
Is he offering it for 36k? S10 Lite can be had for 37k (considering flat 3k instant cashback using ICICI). Even if shopkeeper sells it to you for 39k (1k "less" than online price), you'd be giving 2k extra. Not to mention you'd miss other offers which flipkart might be running on it.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Probably because of this he said s10 lite was discontinued. Also it is never a good idea to trust anybody in life completely,at least always assume a chance of betrayal however small it is.
That’s why I haven’t bought any other mobile...especially when there is no news of problem with S10 lite anywhere on the Internet...

Is he offering it for 36k? S10 Lite can be had for 37k (considering flat 3k instant cashback using ICICI). Even if shopkeeper sells it to you for 39k (1k "less" than online price), you'd be giving 2k extra. Not to mention you'd miss other offers which flipkart might be running on it.
I am exchanging my dad’s S7 for new mobile. Flipkart is offering 9k for S7 while my dealer offered 10k. Note 10 lite 6GB/128 GB for 29k. But I am insisting him to get S10 lite. If he doesn’t then I will buy from Flipkart.

I would anyday pick Note lite over S10 lite because of better camera & stylus. The performance difference isn't noticeable in real-life usage, except for gaming. The CPU is the one found in S9, which is still more powerful than any mid-range SoCs, it's weaker than just S855 or other 2019 flagship SoCs. Considering its for your father, he might like the stylus, although you can argue that its not that useful.

Note 10 lite apparently has the same 12MP sensor like the flagships from Samsung, not the 48MP sensor found even in sub 15k phones.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I finally bought S10 lite. Note 10 lite's stylus is of no use for my dad as he will hardly use it. What mattered to him was better battery life which s10 lite has.

Top Bottom