Rough & Tough Bike - Max 70k

vindance1

Journeyman
Hello friends,

I am in need of a new bike. Please suggest...

What is your budget?
- Max 70k (cheaper the better)

Your height & body build (lean/medium/heavy).
- Height: 5'7" , Build:Lean.

Looking for 100cc or 125cc or 150cc or >200cc?
- 100cc to 125cc

How many KMs do you travel everyday?
- 30 Kms everyday

How do you intend to travel most of the times- Alone or with pillion?
- mostly alone

Do you have preference to a certain brand or interested in any specific bike?
- Passion Pro, Honda shine, Yamaha Saluto, Super Splendor

What do you want most out of your bike? (Mileage/Power).
- Very low maintenance, Mileage

Your place of stay and where you intend to buy it.
- Chattisgarh

What bikes have you owned in the past?
- Splendor, Super Splendor

How long do you intend to keep the bike?
- 10-15 yrs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Honda shine would be better (using it for 3 years myself). Comfortable seating position, good for city riding and gives 50-60 kmpl easily.

Don't know if the new version has 5th gear or any other bikes in the same segment. Hero bikes don't seem good enough comparatively.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions friends. I just bought CB Shine (Drum). On road + accessories + teflon = Rs. 66000.

Can you please give me some suggestions/pointers regarding maintenance of this bike...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the suggestions friends. I just bought CB Shine (Drum). On road + accessories + teflon = Rs. 66000.

Can you please give me some suggestions/pointers regarding maintenance of this bike...
Should've bought the disk brake version. :|

I am using Elf Moto 4 Gold (not sure if its semi synthetic) oil which costed me Rs 270 for 1L pack. Vibrations and noise have reduced, gear shift is smoother and mileage seems to be better than the oil which Honda service center guys give.

While getting it serviced, try to be present there as most of the times, they just wash the bike and say its serviced properly. From where did you buy it?

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Servicing of Honda showroom is crap. Just changed the oil and washed the bike. Had to wait 4 hours for this.... Next time I will get it serviced outside. I feel that above 45 km/hr the engine is making some sound and also vibrating/wearing out. Did anybody else faced similar problem? Whats the solution?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Servicing of Honda showroom is crap. Just changed the oil and washed the bike. Had to wait 4 hours for this.... Next time I will get it serviced outside. I feel that above 45 km/hr the engine is making some sound and also vibrating/wearing out. Did anybody else faced similar problem? Whats the solution?

Yes indeed. They just wash the bike and change the oil and for that I have to stand in a "Q" early in the morning while in the evening they give my scooter back from stupid service. I have a Honda Activator and my scooter is making all kinds of noises and they don't even care listening at all. Stupid & Lazy showroom fellows...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I did say this:
I am using Elf Moto 4 Gold (not sure if its semi synthetic) oil which costed me Rs 270 for 1L pack. Vibrations and noise have reduced, gear shift is smoother and mileage seems to be better than the oil which Honda service center guys give.

While getting it serviced, try to be present there as most of the times, they just wash the bike and say its serviced properly. From where did you buy it?

Top Bottom