Robotics Anyone?

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Hello Forum.
I am in college now and i am in 1'st year and i joined Robotics Club.
1 Seminar and 2 Introductory class.Then Came the First programming introduction class.
So my question here is that they introduced us to some circuit and a pdf file atmega32.pdf glowing on the projector.
The next workshop is on 18th October.I want to develop a working model beforehead So Can anyone guide me where should i begin with?
Online-sites for buying circuit.
Tutorial for Circuit programming.
Thank you.

NitinOnl51719

Right off the assembly line
Search arduino in google, lot of website can ship you the hardware and the semiconductor device for arduino and even robotic arm.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Check this thread out. :) *www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread.html

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Check this thread out. :) *www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread.html

thanks for guiding me bro....are you a beginner in robotics or are you working on some project?what's your status?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
thanks for guiding me bro....are you a beginner in robotics or are you working on some project?what's your status?

These posts might give you an idea about what I have done in the past and the projects I'm currently working on. :)

*www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread-post2087252.html#post2087252

*www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread-post2159266.html#post2159266

We had a "robotics club" in our college, basically a place to gather money from juniors legitimately and get away with it. I hope that's not your case brother, unless your club offers you hands on session (work with kits et al.) it's a sham.

A great resource for Robotics is Arduino (as suggested by others). I did my main project in an arduino, it was a robot that painted vector images onto vertical walls with spray paint. The stack was incredible, we found out many programs that interacted with arduino through a PC and finally settled with Chrome Apps, JavaScript and some serial comms.
What it basically did was map out the paths inside an svg file. These paths are mostly geometrical formula inputs (like an arc, semicirle, curve etc.), so we created our on driver functions that took these values and produced co-ordinate data and motor rotation data through a bunch of algorithms we generated.
You can see a simulator I created which mimics the action in a faster speed here. The coordinate data is then sent to the arduino module via serial port which converts it to the length (number of rotations) that two stepper motors have to perform to reach the place. It also has to deal with error cases and motor setup, which all you can do in an arduino using C.

If you can't grasp the above thing in a go, I understand (it took me an entire semester :D). You'll learn more advanced programming techniques and computer graphics internals in 2/3 year which will contribute a lot to Robotics. Subjects such as microprocessor design and algorithms are your core subjects, something along the lines of automata languages and computing is the building block of AI/Robotics and you might want to look into them (I didn't, I had a strong base on algorithms so :p). Academically, I'm the worst to ask an advice for. However, do some research before you spend money as someone who's been in the system 50% of the time, these are a sham.

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
These posts might give you an idea about what I have done in the past and the projects I'm currently working on. :)

*www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread-post2087252.html#post2087252

*www.digit.in/forum/open-source/176760-open-source-hardware-thread-post2159266.html#post2159266

Sir,a salute for your dedication :-o ,you are the real mvp.

- - - Updated - - -

We had a "robotics club" in our college, basically a place to gather money from juniors legitimately and get away with it. I hope that's not your case brother, unless your club offers you hands on session (work with kits et al.) it's a sham.

A great resource for Robotics is Arduino (as suggested by others). I did my main project in an arduino, it was a robot that painted vector images onto vertical walls with spray paint. The stack was incredible, we found out many programs that interacted with arduino through a PC and finally settled with Chrome Apps, JavaScript and some serial comms.
What it basically did was map out the paths inside an svg file. These paths are mostly geometrical formula inputs (like an arc, semicirle, curve etc.), so we created our on driver functions that took these values and produced co-ordinate data and motor rotation data through a bunch of algorithms we generated.
You can see a simulator I created which mimics the action in a faster speed here. The coordinate data is then sent to the arduino module via serial port which converts it to the length (number of rotations) that two stepper motors have to perform to reach the place. It also has to deal with error cases and motor setup, which all you can do in an arduino using C.

If you can't grasp the above thing in a go, I understand (it took me an entire semester :D). You'll learn more advanced programming techniques and computer graphics internals in 2/3 year which will contribute a lot to Robotics. Subjects such as microprocessor design and algorithms are your core subjects, something along the lines of automata languages and computing is the building block of AI/Robotics and you might want to look into them (I didn't, I had a strong base on algorithms so :p). Academically, I'm the worst to ask an advice for. However, do some research before you spend money as someone who's been in the system 50% of the time, these are a sham.
Yes as you stated,i am currently in first year of the college and yeah i have joined Robotics club.but,i don't think that they are fooling us.
because we have gone through three basic session
First)About the motors and introduction
Second)About AC and DC,Basics
Third)Introduction to Arduino and the programming IDE
On third day they showed us this Pdf file *www.atmel.com/images/doc2503.pdf
and an example of LED Blinking.
And about the scam it goes in every college by some or the other way.
After all for geek's like us in this internet era,we don't need spoon feeding
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Top Bottom