Require assistance regarding office network.. Please help!

veeveekay

Right off the assembly line
Firstly, let me start by saying that this is my first post on the Digit forums. I thank you all in advance for all the support you provide me.

Now my query is as such: We have a small office of 8 Desktops and 3 Laptops. The desktops are networked with an asus FX 16 port switch. The laptops are at present standalone, not connected to the network. We have a DLink DSL 2730 U modem with Wifi Router which is connected to the switch and provides internet to the network.

Now that I have given sufficient background (I hope), my problem is, is there a way to use the modem/wifi router to connect to the Wired LAN? I do not want to connect the laptops to the Switch because we haven't got the cabling work done for the 3 laptops. I need the laptops to connect to the network with full file sharing support, only without the use of an ethernet cable.

Please help me out with this, I'm struggling to establish a connection between the laptops and desktops :-(

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
You can connect the laptop to 2730u via WiFi.
All computers will be on same network and they will behave like connected with LAN.
Open the dhcp page on 2730u and you can see the attached computers list. For reliable file sharing you need to assign IP address for each pc/bind them so that they won't change after a power cut

Top Bottom