Require a low cost printer for home use

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm looking for a budget friendly inkjet printer that can be refilled once its cartridges are depleted.I currently have a canon mp 287 aio printer but its cartridges are prohibitively expensive-the black cartridge itself costs around Rs 1050 and as far as i know,canon cartridges cannot be refilled.So rather than spending a huge sum on cartridges alone,i've decided to get a new printer that's refillable so that i don't have to buy these expensive original cartridges once the stock ones run out of ink.

The local vendor suggested that HP Deskjet 1010 printer will suffice for my needs and its refillable too.However i read some negative reviews about this printer on flipkart where some users have reported that hp allegedly provides "Demo Cartridges" with this printer which cannot be refilled,thereby forcing one to go for original cartridges once they get depleted-does anyone know whether its true or not?Can I use refilled cartridges with this printer?Also,others have complained that hp printers run out of ink really fast,sometimes after printing merely 15-20 pgs-is it really so?

What should i do and which printer should i go for?My budget is Rs 2000 and i only need to print around 6-10 pgs each month.

Last edited:

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Rs.2000, are you serious?? What are you going to get in Rs. 2000? Are you looking for second hand printers? The budget is too small, if you're looking for low per page costing too...

See, get one thing very clear: Cheaper printers have expensive inks, (this is how the company earns) and they're NORMALLY not refillable... But you can refill them by going against company's mentioned procedures, and its warranty.

And you're mostly right about HP printers' demo cartridges, and short life. Yes, you can refill it. Whether demo can be refilled or not, I don't know. But this printer's ink can be refilled.

Better see my review of an Canon MP 287 based printing solution which costed me Rs. 6500 overall.. Click below:-

www.digit.in/forum/peripherals/1815...-mp287s-accessory-esyink-ink-tank-system.html

You will get the whole story...

MY SUGGESTION: Get ESYINK Ink tank system installed to your MP287 in around Rs. 2000.... You will get around 20 paise/ page Black & White printouts and 40 paise/ page for color... (Around the real cost, not claimed by company).

You may have to find outlets who will do this job, but believe me, if you get it done from a good place, you will enjoy the results for years...

The ink bottles cost around Rs. 299 each, are large sized at around 100ml or so, and last for around 4000 pages.

You will save a lot of money, compared to any other printer.... That too, with your own MP 287, without investing too much money. :)

Top Bottom