Request: Make Digit forum free mobile app for Android

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Somebody please respond on this.
I love this forum and am deeply worried about its state of affairs now.
At least a stand alone google play store Digit App might bring some fresh air into this forum along with opening a separate bazaar section like in Tech Enclave forum or Erodov forum.
Also Trophies needs to be updated as well.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Like I said, its a huge endeavour and you will need volunteers who have lots of time on their hands, especially who know app development and web services at the very least. I doubt there are many of such people in this forum. I could help with web services, but I hardly have time myself these days due to work.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Building a webview app seems to be not so difficult. I managed to get a debug-apk build using instructions from here
in under an hour. (I am not a programmer, this is my first rodeo). There are some minor issues but a person who has even a little knowledge can fix those I guess.

And thanks to the responsive forum software it works. I am not sure if notifications can be handled though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
A webview is no different than running the webpage on a mobile browser. So the functionality and features will be the same as the web page.

Top Bottom