Request for New PC recommendation

abhijith44

Broken In
Dear All,

I am glad that my account is still active in 15 years, the forum has helped me build 2 PCs earlier and requesting the 3rd Build now . Thank you all in advance.

Posting the filled-in questionnaire below :

. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: (Copy-pasting my answer from my 7 years older post :grin: with Lil edits )
I am a programmer and got loads of application development tool kit which I run parallelly and an impatient person who would want everything open and leave PC on for weeks...,
(My Programming studios such as android /IntelliJ studio and TOMCAT server consumes 25 -32 GB ram easily)

Apart from APP dev, I use it for general-purpose, Adobe PS, Video editing software, Analytics and Games ( Not hard code gamer but would like to have a rig which would not disappoint me if I want to try games ) (no time for games any more :-x ). should have decent GFX support+ a decent monitor 27''.
Need at least 32 GB RAM. ( Will definitely go with 16 /32 GB additionally, when I opt for BigData/analytics course by next year )

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention it.
Ans: Can stretch up to 75k in total if there is scope for future upgrades. ( Please let me know if this budget would not fit my requirements can go over it )

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: HDD 1 TB / SSD 512 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: 24" /27inch Monitor which has the least effect on eyes as screen time will be about 6-7 hours daily. Full HD or HDR which is better, please suggest

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I used to do it myself, now outdated with the latest stuff, and will get it done by an Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bengaluru, I'm open to online buying

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans
Based on the older posts in the forum, some random articles online and going through user benchmarks site, I am confused either to go with AMD or Intel ,

Not following the current market trends on how to cope with the future upgrades in future to ensure PCIe 5.0 is supported or compatible with the processors /mob/ any HWs that i would go with. And also
I have no clue about the Cabinets and power supply or the GFX cards. And I will be relying upon your suggestions for builds. So please suggest if Intel/AMDs

Intel Core i5 11600 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600G Desktop Processor?

Intel Mob : Asus Motherboard -TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS WIFI
(Edited: changed from z590 as no overclocking requirement )

AMD : Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) -- 20K looks expensive for me, not sure if this is right for me.

Corsair Vengance 3200MHz 16*2=32GB --- not sure if this is right..
Samsung 860 EVO M.2 or XPG S11 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe -- not sure which is reliable
WD 1TB Blue HDD 3,250/-

GFX Card : Isn't the 11600 integrated GFX and also 5600G, will this suffice or will there be a need to go for a dedicated GFX , Please suggest.

Ant Esports ICE 200TG Chassis -- I have no clue which is the best cabinet, not even sure whether I would need any cooling option as CPU intensive tasks are involved.

Corsair CV 550 PSU -- I have no clue which is best
KB Mouse : Logitek MK275R WL Combo / DELL Combo

Please include if anything is missing. Kindly suggest the PC configuration. I can compromise on display, as focusing first to get the best core configuration.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhijith

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi Abhijit!

Are you planning on overclocking your Processor? If not, then its better to save money on mobo and go for B560(Intel) or B550(AMD) boards.
Also, you want PCIe4.0 or 3.0 is enough. I would say 3.0 is enough since there might be only few sec difference of performance between 2 but you can checkout the benchmarks and update your post here so that people can suggest mobos based on that.

11600 has the iGPU but 11600K doesn't. So 11xxxK version generally costs lesser than standard Intel chips with iGPU.

OP
abhijith44

abhijith44

Broken In
Hi @TheSloth , sorry my bad it's 11600 then . And also did the comparison b560 vs z590 . b560 should suffice as i don't intend Over clocking.

I have edited the post with these updates .

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Amd radeon 5600x is on sale in primeabgb's website for ₹25,150. It is a better processor than the intel i5 11600k and amd 5600g.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CPU - Intel i5 11400 - 20k (see the price diff between this & 11500)

Cooler - Deepcool AS500 (2x140mm) - 5.1k

Mobo - Gigabyte B560M DS3H - 9.5k (should suffice for i5, but something better is better)

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz - 14k

GPU - iGPU

M.2 SSD - WD SN550/Kingston A2000 500GB - 5k*

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3.2k

PSU - Silverstone VIVA 650 Gold - 5.6k
*www.amazon.in/SilverStone-Viva-Non-Modular-Power-Supply/dp/B08R3J2BBP/
Cabinet - Lian Li 215 or other mid tower ATX - 6k **

Monitor - BenQ GW2480 24" 1080p IPS - 10k

Total - 78.4k

1080p feels low at 27" according to many people, hence suggested 24" 1080p.

Mobo performance chart, lower temps are better & i5 11400's max freq is 4.2GHz w/o 65W power limit (can be removed from BIOS after which it takes 125W power at 100% load)
mobo B560 i5 11400.png

Top Bottom