Regarding 3g data card

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Friends i am planning to buy a new 3g data card. Can you tell me which offers best speed among idea,vodafone ,airtel?
I tested idea net setter 7.2mbps today. I got 4.4 mb max when downloading in the evening . Is it wise to go with idea netsetter? Is there any alternative to it?is there any complaints with idea netsetter? I will buy within 2-3 days. Does vodafone or airtel Offer greater speeds than idea.
I also need to know the cost of the device . I will use 2gb/month plan.
I need advise from you guys. Pls help me

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Tested BSNL, Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone speeds in Huawei 1750c unlocked modem. The max speed I got, is from Airtel ~5mbps. May be it is something to do with 4GLTE service provided by them here at Kolkata. Next is Vodafone. Speed ~4mbps.
Next BSNL. Speed: ~3.4mbps.
Aircel have the worst speed among them. Speed: ~2.5mbps.

Sometimes, you will get speed ~1.5mbps from bsnl 3G SIM even if you have recharged it via 2G pack.
For example, the connection I'm presently using is BSNL.
Speed: *www.speedtest.net/result/2079153411.png
Speed after recharging with Rs.98/- 2GB 2G data pack.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Airtel does not have 3g in my area:-(
i will get idea netsetter today. Will try to unlock after few months. When i tried it yesturday, i got max of 4.4mb which is not bad as i am fed up using bsnl dialup connection. Anyway thank you for your help.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Better option is to get unlocked 3G modems sold in ebay. If you have 5/10% off coupon, it is added advantage.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I got my idea netsetter today. It has to be activated and will be done on tomorrow. This modem can be unlocked and tools for that is available on internet.

reniarahim1

Youngling
i agree...go for unlocked modem. if you are not satisfied by one service provider, you can dump it and take another sim.

OP
rijinpk1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I got the modem already. Max speed i got is 5.6mbps. Thats good. Anybody have step by step procedure to unlock this modem?I Will sometimes need when 3g is fully available in my area.

Top Bottom