Redmi 2 Prime

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi [MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION].
Needed your opinion on Redmi 2 Prime. I am in doubt over buying this phone or Lenovo Note K3. The later one is a no brainer. But it costs 10k. And with the usage pattern of my dad (which includes mostly multimedia usage) doesn't warrant a phone which boasts of specs which K3 Note does.

Hence how would you rate the phone, when it comes to multimedia usage. Like youtube videos playback for extended hours and how is the video recording quality at fHD? Need to decide urgently now due to Xiaomi sale.

The following should be good:
1. Smooth YT Video playback (in 720p or 1080p)
2. Good video quality when recording
3. WhatsApp calling should be no problem :)P)
4. Facebook should run great (yea :()

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Needed your opinion on Redmi 2 Prime. I am in doubt over buying this phone or Lenovo Note K3. The later one is a no brainer. But it costs 10k. And with the usage pattern of my dad (which includes mostly multimedia usage) doesn't warrant a phone which boasts of specs which K3 Note does.

Hence how would you rate the phone, when it comes to multimedia usage. Like youtube videos playback for extended hours and how is the video recording quality at fHD? Need to decide urgently now due to Xiaomi sale.

3. WhatsApp calling should be no problem ()

1. I had watched onme vids on YT in 720p, they ran smoothly and there was no overheating. (Doesn't the smoothness depend on the internet speed?)
2. Video quality is very good. I've made a lot of videos from this phone and there's no shutter/choke from either of the cameras.
3/4. I'll have to check and update. I haven't used WhatsApp calling, ever and haven't used the FB app ever (FB runs great on UC tho )

PS - 3/4 also depend on internet speed like 1 AFAIK. :|

EDIT - If your dad watches x265 vids too much I won't suggest the phone. It starts to overheat and the video starts to tear after a small time.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Been a month since I've been using Prime and the experience is still the same.
Just one thing. I got my hands on Yuphoria for a few hours recently and Yuphoria's camera is way better than R2P for low light images. There was little to no noise in images clicked from Yuphoria's camera while R2P's camera had lots of noise.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Been a month since I've been using Prime and the experience is still the same.
Just one thing. I got my hands on Yuphoria for a few hours recently and Yuphoria's camera is way better than R2P for low light images. There was little to no noise in images clicked from Yuphoria's camera while R2P's camera had lots of noise.
Any change in call quality with AirCel?

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Any change in call quality with AirCel?
I'll give call quality with Aircel 7/10. The volume levels are good but sometimes I do have trouble figuring out sometimes (40% of the time, its a network problem) what the person on the other side is speaking. Speaker disturbance is almost non existent. So are call drops ( there were a lot with Reliance ).

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking

3. WhatsApp calling should be no problem :)P)
I have Redmi 2 Prime and one of my friends has K3 Note.

In Audio quality and volume, Redmi 2 is better. Even in Camera quality, Redmi is better for a variety of situations, under which the K3 note just boosts contrast or does irregular processing to arrive at an unnatural image that appears ok to the noob eye though.
I haven't compared video recording quality of both, but Redmi 2 does good FullHD vids with very decent audio clarity too.

Redmi 2 does youtube videos ok. I haven't tested for hours, but I don't see a reason it will fail at it.

Whatsapp is not any problem on Redmi 2 at all. Facebook runs ok, not that "great", but again I have a 2G internet connection so maybe that's the reason.

Given a chance, I would again purchase Redmi 2 only. Its small and is a capable media player. Right now running 64 GB MicroSDXC from Sandisk.
Its running fast, with 15 GB free right now! :)

Top Bottom