Reddit keeps suspending my account.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I had a 5 year old account on reddit. I don't use reddit much. Maybe once in a month. On previous Monday I required it to get help in openwrt subreddit. When I opened it, it showed that my account has been permanently suspended. I opened messages and it showed that message but there was no reason mentioned at all.

So I made a new account. This time the second account got automatically banned within 8 hrs. Now I made a third account to reply to previous post but that too got banned in 8 hrs. Likewise I have lost 3 accounts, whenever I make a new account it gets banned. I am unable to reply to anypost.

Any idea why this is happening?? Have they IP banned me? It was a 5 year old account they banned.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Have you cleared history,cookies,restarted browser and router to get new ip before u tried to create a new account?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Are you banned from reddit site-wide? As in are you able to participate at all or are you shadowbanned?

They are probably banning your alt accounts because they track the IPs of the users as well and if you use the same IP they will still know it is your account.

You could try posting in /r/help as well, it seems reddit admins read the posts there and they might help.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Are you banned from reddit site-wide? As in are you able to participate at all or are you shadowbanned?

They are probably banning your alt accounts because they track the IPs of the users as well and if you use the same IP they will still know it is your account.

You could try posting in /r/help as well, it seems reddit admins read the posts there and they might help.

i think banned sitewide. It reads “You have been permanently suspended from reddit” i cannot reply or upvote.

i am having difficulty posting anything, as the accounts keep getting banned i cannot reply to those posts as well.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I was reading this sometime back, you might want to go through this as well - Why you were banned from Reddit (and how to get a ban lifted) - The Better Web Movement

Top Bottom