.rar problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hi all
I downlaoded a .rar archive now I know that default packager did not support it so I downloaded and installed 7ZIP now I don't know where its icon is also I do not know the code ... so that I can put it while opening Open with option.. Plz tell me commannds and also tell me hot to get the direct command is icon is not present

Regards and thanks

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Sorry for going little offtopic but just wanted to know is there any software with GUI for managing archives in CentOS ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try File Roller ?

Shashwat_Pant : Oh, no need of all that :p
Code:
sudo apt-get install unrar

Now your File Roller (Default Archive Manager in Ubuntu) will support *.RAR extraction.

praka123

left this forum longback
file-roller and rar support in RHEL is not sure.but u can install rar,unrar etc from some custom repositories using yum and extracts .rar files from terminal using rar/unrar command.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
The only person whose tips help me is Querty .. Thanks again.. ;) .. Gr8 1's ...7 zip is still not apppearing but done the unrara 1 and woring gr8 :) Thanks again :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Haha, all I can say is visit Ubuntuguide.org, its got loads of tips and tricks, enough to make you learn a handful of commands as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom