Queries about samsung corby s3653

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm planning to buy an used Samsung corby s3653 soon.Its about 2 months old and is in good condition.However,I've been told that samsung corby phones are unreliable and hence I'm not being able to decide whether buying it will be worthwhile or not.What are the pros and cons of this phone?This is quite a popular device and so I hope several members of this community are familiar with it-I'll be glad if they can share their experiences with me here.

While using this phone,i have observed something rather peculiar.Everytime I run some java application on this phone,such as opera mini,nimbuzz etc an annoying menu bar appears at the bottom of the screen containing some directional buttons etc and it eats up a lot of screen space and therefore the amount of space available for the application becomes greatly reduced thereby causing a great deal of inconvenience to the user-it closes only when the application is terminated.Is there any way to get rid of this menu?Has anyone else faced this issue with their corby s3653?

Also websites take a lot of time to open while using 3rd party browsers like opera-the speed increases marginally only when the built in browser is used-can someone kindly explain why this could be happening?Does this phone support edge?

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
i dont knw
but if u look at its nt a bad deal
personally i will stay of 2nd hand phones....
but the deal is ok
a new 1 will cost abt 4.5k-4.8k i guess
so for 2months its a 50% off

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i dont knw
but if u look at its nt a bad deal
personally i will stay of 2nd hand phones....
but the deal is ok
a new 1 will cost abt 4.5k-4.8k i guess
so for 2months its a 50% off

Actually the phone belongs to a relative of mine and its in pretty good shape-After inspecting it quite thoroughly I have found its condition to be satisfactory-that's the reason I've decided to go for it.This phone doesn't have any glitches or issues except the ones I've mentioned in my first post.Can anyone tell me how can those issues be resolved?Also does this phone produce good audio quality when music is played back through the bundled earphones?As i happen to be a music aficionado,this parameter is of importance to me.

raj_in

In the zone
ya this prety decent
& for 2.2k only........its a great deal
u shud check out a few reviews & user reviews to get a complete idea..
try d usual site like
gsmarena.com
mouthshut.com
etc etc

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
As far as i know,this phone hasn't got too many favourable reviews as a few other phones within the same price bracket from different manufacturers offer greater value for money and more features.However,i reckon buying it for 2k won't be a huge loss.If someone can suggest a suitable way of getting rid of the glitches which exist in Corby(that I've described earlier),I'll be very delighted.

raj_in

In the zone
the direction buttons are going to be there
they are fr scrolling
unless u find some modded version in some corby forum
& it has EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps acc. to spec sheet

Top Bottom