PSU

pforpashya

Broken In
Well very very long time i am on digit forum........my MSI motherboard and VIP 500watt both are dead(I have checked both of them , they cant run a system)

so i have to buy motherboard as well as PSU....now i have already chosen motherboard for my i5-2400 sandy(3 years old), DZ75ml 45k from intel(i cant rely on taiwan now) also i have Asus GTS 450(it is alive)(i know its old)

so now on PSU....as i gone through many threads...most of the people recommending antec vp450p, so i told to my dealer i want this PSU....he said this much power is not sufficient as DZ75ml 45k will overclock gpu and cpu and ram(i know my cpu is not overclocking & i have no intentions of it...i am no serious gamer)

so, he is telling me to get atleast 500 to 550w psu....so should i take seasonic eco 500 or antec vp500 or antec vp450p will do fine.

i have seagate HDD....one pci express wireless card from tp link..also i have plan to add sandisk ssd with these two.
I am not gonna do any graphic card update...i am fed up with desktop
plz keep replies in simple words

thank you.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
he said this much power is not sufficient as DZ75ml 45k will overclock gpu and cpu
I have the same mobo - it only overclocks if I ask it to.
Happily running on antec 300W with a HDD , a SSD and a old 4670. 450W would be more than sufficient.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I bought the i3 3220 + mobo for Rs. 11,800 .
I could have saved 1000 if I had gone with a different mobo, but like you I really wanted intel :D

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
So, i think motherboard cost you around 5.5k to 6k i suppose,
Just checked the bill, the mobo cost was 4571 + 5% tax. However it was cheaper on flipkart too at that time. It was like 5000 on flipkart , if I remember it correctly. Now its 6300 :( .

The mobo it self is good, Bios has a LOT of options.
Cons:
1. the bios that came with it had a bug with front usb 3.0 ports and some models of particular pen drives, the updated bios has a bug with booting from usb pen drives.
2. Prolly not the best board to get if you are interested in dual booting. BUt I guess thats true for all uefi board

- - - Updated - - -

There is another mobo that is highly rated and much cheaper from gigabyte Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H :
Error 500 Server Error
Of course do check before buying..

OP
P

pforpashya

Broken In
Thanks for everything...cheers

- - - Updated - - -

There is another mobo that is highly rated and much cheaper from gigabyte Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H : [url=*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-motherboard/p/itmdacp2gubgfpfm?pid=MBDDACP2GUBGFPFM&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=gigabyte&ref=767a382e-3533-4a53-aeed-7cf92b4ac421 said:
Error 500 Server Error[/url]
Of course do check before buying..

No. i dont want B75 chipset...Z75 has all features that Z77 has except ssd caching...so i will stick with intel......does it have BIOS problems or booting problems....can u through some light on BIOS...means does Gigabyte has some advantage with some very good BIOS options?

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
no, no other problems, no booting issues (except for usb, which is if a bootable pen drive is attached, it boots from it , always) . No idea about gigabyte's bios features, sorry

Top Bottom