Programming basics in Infosys, TCS, etc.?

vivekghosla

Right off the assembly line
There is this popular article about training in Infosys, TCS and other IT vendors circulating in NITs these days. I am confused about this point from the article: Re: Infosys, TCS, or Wipro? - Susam Pal

Most of the article was not relevant to me because as a fresher I am ready to join a company with shortcomings as long as I get to learn useful things. But this point from the article gives me worries.

"8. Training: Many claimed that I am wrong about the poor standard of training in Infosys, TCS, or Wipro. I must tell them that I have attended some of these training programmes. Among the many horror stories pertaining to training in these companies, I'll share only one with you to make my point. In the training assessments, the instructors set question papers containing problems with code that invokes undefined behaviour and ask you to predict its output. 'It invokes undefined behaviour' is not provided as an option you can select as the correct answer. Such training and knowledge is not only inaccurate but also very dangerous if you care about robustness and security of the software you create."

I tried google searching a bit on this guy. It seems like this guy is an ex-employee of Infosys and now works for a geeky company. So he has spilled the beans about Infosys. But this point has me worried. Is the training in these companies really so screwed up that people don't know the difference between a valid C code and code that has UB?

Can someone please throw some light on this matter? It will help me make informed decision about my career.

Top Bottom