Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Here we GO :hyper:

After so many years of wait Finally Ubisoft has done it :)

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is an upcoming 2.5D platform action-adventure video game developed and published by Ubisoft. The game is set to be released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One and Xbox Series X and Series S in January 2024. This is the first new game in the Prince of Persia series in 13 years

quicky008

Technomancer
a disappointing reveal.I was hoping more for a full fledged 3d AAA title along the lines of the older POP games like TSOT.

This looks more like a 2d mobile game that's been enhanced with a few new bells and whistles.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Disappointing. Almost everything about this trailer looks cringe.

IMO this is a downgrade compared to the SOT trilogy. I'd take a proper 3D one anytime over this.

quicky008

Technomancer
even the POP TSOT remake trailer that was shown a year or two ago looked a lot better than this.Its a pity that it was ultimately shelved in favour of this watered down 2d platformer cr@p.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
come to think of it,ubisoft rarely makes any good games nowadays,except the AC and monotonous far cry games where the same old formula has been rehashed ad infinitum.

(ps why does the prince look like some mexican/brazilian street thug?! )

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^He is not the Prince :lol:

May be due to budget issues they made it a platformer and also someone mentioned they took the same 2D platform concept from the first Prince of Persia game

Reviews will tell once its released in 2024

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
He is not the Prince
That's what turned me off. I'd want to play as THE Prince but instead they kinda wrote it like a Mario game where you go rescue the Prince as a random bodyguard. WTF.

PoP deserves a full blown remake like what Mafia 1 got. It should still be much cheaper to make than a new AC game.
It's basically shelved, no one knows when (or if) it will come out. It was being worked on at Ubisoft Mumbai but then it was reverted back to Ubisoft Montreal who had originally made the Sands of Time trilogy. I suspect the project went over-budget because of Ubisoft Mumbai's inexperience working on AAA games.

That's what turned me off. I'd want to play as THE Prince but instead they kinda wrote it like a Mario game where you go rescue the Prince as a random bodyguard. WTF.

It's basically shelved, no one knows when (or if) it will come out. It was being worked on at Ubisoft Mumbai but then it was reverted back to Ubisoft Montreal who had originally made the Sands of Time trilogy. I suspect the project went over-budget because of Ubisoft Mumbai's inexperience working on AAA games.
That PoP Remake that they showed was a remaster, not remake in true sense. Indeed Indian division was handling it, but IMO that project should have never begun.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
According to this video, officially the remake isn't cancelled but there is no progress update either.

I suspect they are making this game to test the waters to see if there is enough public interest in a Prince of persia game.

According to this video, officially the remake isn't cancelled but there is no progress update either.

I suspect they are making this game to test the waters to see if there is enough public interest in a Prince of persia game.
A 2.5D game is surely a good way to skew data against PoP games.

Top Bottom