PowerColor RMA / Support experience

nikhilip9@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
About 13 Months ago, I had bought a Powercolor HD 7770 from Laminton Road, Mumbai from one of the reputed shops (Not disclosing the name for the time being).

About a week back, the card started giving me problems. (You can skip this part, its general info)

Note : No Physical Damange. No mis-handling. No Overclocking done.Not burnt. No case of hair / smoke / dust clogging GPU fan and/or increasing tempratures, Card always ran cool.

1) HDMI Port stopped working 8 weeks before mainstream problems started. Was using VGA cable to avoid RMA
2) Suddenly one day, there were dense horizontal lines on my screen, so dense that Windows desktop was almost invisible and inoperable.
3) Somehow, using judgement (without anything barely visible on the screen) i was able to change the display to 720p from 1080p. The horizontal lines then disappeared for sometime. But everytime I put the GPU under load, either playing a 1080p movie or launching a game, the GPU crashed. Grey screen and computer hangs. Or if am lucky i get the BSOD with " beginning to dump physical memory in 3..2..1..." something on those lines..
4) Works with Safe Mode on windows. My guess is everytime it is subjected to any kind of load, the GPU crashes.

I tried to look up Powercolor RMA India on internet, and I really had to go through a lot of forums, websites, etc to get an address or a phone number. I finally managed to get a phone number I called them up and they gave me a RMA address in Lamington road. -

RMA Handled by Abacus Peripherals

Abacus Peripherals,
Atlantic House,
3rd Floor,
Next to Police Station,
Lamington Road, Mumbai

Phone Numbers :
1800-22-1988
022 4091 4604

There was a elderly gentleman sitting there, he wrote down the Serial Number on a job sheet.

Apparently, the card will now be sent to Bhiwandi (Thane) warehouse . It will be checked for faults. If found, then it will be sent to Daman for RMA. Back to Bhiwandi. Back to Mumbai. The whole process can take upto 2 weeks. He said I will recieve a call from them when inspect the card.

Waiting for the call now. Will keep you posted. Hope to help fellow members with my experience.

BTW - I bought the card because I was on a really tight budget. But the card has performed excellently for the past year. Ofcourse I cannot max out BF3, but on medium-high settings I get about 60 fps and for a card with that price, I was amazed. The card ran relatively quiet and cool as well. So far no problems with Powercolor. Lets see if their RMA changes my opinion. But performance for the price rating is 8/10

Hope to keep you guys posted.

Nikhil Pundlik, Sunday at 8:29 PM

napsterv

Journeyman
Damn! That Mumbai-Bhiwandi-Daman-Bhiwandi-Mumbai is a loooong process.

You should've shipped the GPU to Daman yourself.
I had to RMA my Seasonic PSU and it took 1 & 1/2 weeks for the product to return(Mumbai-Bhiwandi-Kolkata-Bhiwandi-Mumbai).
The surprising fact was the replacement I received was damaged too. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So again next time, I shipped it myself and received the replacement within 6 days in perfect condition!

Top Bottom