Please suggest me a very good synthesizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)
I am planning to buy the Yamaha PSR295. What is its cost? Is it any good? If not, what would you rather have me opt for?

Edit: I just realised that I did not use the word 'please' anywhere. So, yeah, please suggest me a very good synthesizer. :)

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ OK... if you have budget of around 12K then go for YAMAHA PRS-E403. It's very good.

Has 504 tones, 156 styles. 30 songs. USB out. You can add midi files. 5+1 channel recording. 8X2 bank. 32 keys polyphony. Touch response. 5 user recording slots. Check it out here.

The main advantage is the bender which is absent in PSR-295.

I have been using 403 for 3 months now and I am very happy with it. Go for it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What is the price of the model I'm planning to buy?

I have no knowledge about audio equipment so very little of whatever you posted made any sense to me. :oops:

Yamaha is not a priority/requirement. I just want the best **** available. What are "touch controls"?

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I am not sure of the price of the one that you selected. I think it might be around 7-8K.

Touch response is, if you press the button hard, then loud sound will come from the speakers. For a delicate press, hardly any sound will come.

If you are just going to start learning and you are quite serious about it then go for any model with recording facility and a bender. The PSR-295 does not have a bender and 403 is the starting model for a bender.

A bender is used to change the pitch of the key being pressed. Like you know, in a sitar, you can make a note of varying pitch. (Cannot explain in words....:-|)

If you want the best, then YAMAHA is not the best. The best is Roland. and Roland keyboards (descent ones) will cost something above 25K. So stick to YAMAHA for low budget.

Casio is good but not good enough. The polyphony is not good. (Polyphony is the max number of keys, when pressed, produce distinguishable notes). Note quality is also not as good as in YAMAHA.

Aditya

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you very much! That was a very helpful post. Let me know if something else occurs to you that I should know. :)

How good is Yamaha MOTIF XS8? Is it extremely pricey?

Can I have your mobile number (in a PM)?

What is the difference between a synthesizer and a digital keyboard?

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Yeah sure. I have sent a PM.

As far as MOTIF XS8 is concerned, it is a synthesizer. It can synthesis the sounds/voices. Means, you can create a sound, like maybe quacking of a duck in it.

These are generally very expensive and are not at all required at this stage (you said you dunno much).

You cannot create a new tone as such in a normal keyboard. However, some of them provide certain control over the tones. It contains mixing of two tones. Changing the attack, reverberation time, etc. (Qualities of a sound).

The 403 has the tools to edit inbuilt sounds like above. It cannot produce an entirely different voice. It is not a synthesizer. As far as 295 is concerned, it does not have some of the features of 403 like real time (with easy knobes control) editing of the sound.

I am not from a metro city and in a place like this, you won't see MOTIF XS8 for display. But, I did a little inquiry and I think it is about 80K.

Aditya

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! That's some price. So, I guess people wrongly call keyboards synthesizers.

Anyway, my father has already bought that model I mentioned. I was a bit late. :(

Thanks for all the help though! I really appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom