Please Suggest a Laptop for 80K

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Dear Digit Patrons and Members,
Kindly enlighten my decision with you valuable Suggestions with regard to upgrading my present Laptop ACI to your new Choice of Laptop.
It donsn't matter weather you own it or not...i just wanted you valued esteem Search you make on net while deciding on new hardware..
My requirements are...
1) DVD movie watching and Suberb Audio..
2) Office works
3) Games atleast Unreal Tournament 2004 , Max Payne 2 ( Maybe not Doom or Half life 2 ..better left to my Desktop )
4) More than 4 Hours battery life.....
5) Good Looks
It would be the lest to say i am thankful too you for ever..
FreshSeasons

PS : This is as humble i could get...but then i really need you now..!!
:p :p :p :p :p

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
it_waaznt_me said:
Goto Zenith Laptops .. I guess they offer a nice combination of price and features ..

Can you Please Specify any models...also on the site nowhere is given regarding the exact battery life...I want...rather Demand a battery life of more than 4 hours that too on DVD watching...Please help

nixcraft said:
Go for DELL or IBM 69k both are good. IBM also works very nicely with Linux Smile

Please tell me the model number specifically...Needless to say i will be damn thankful...i am willing to spare the price upto one Lac ...but i dont want to compromise....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok here u go:

1. no laptop will give u superb audio...u will have 2 invest in either a USB sound card or a PCMCIA card...check out creative's site 4 that
2. if u need like 4 hours of battery life then u need a centrino coz P4s will never give u that kinda battery life...my dell 9100 with a P4 prescott 3.2GHz gives abt 2 hours if i use it 4 apps like word processing...
3. u would need a decent graphics card 2 run games like UT...i think the dell 700m comes with on borad video so that may not b a good choice....in that case, look at the dell 8600 (decent battery life) or 9100 (bad battery life!!!)
4 .anything will run office apps!!!!

check out laptops by acer, compaq/hp and dell b4 u make a choice...

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Thanks Nemisis ,I thought i had go for Acer Ferrari but however the Athlon the Notebook heats a lot..., Theres is no DVD writter, Battery life is just 2 hours , and the Ferrari Red Panel gets lotsa scraches ..
I dont know but i read somewhere in Digit Magazine or C**p magazine regarding some Lg or Samsung Laptop which has battery life of 10 hours...
Another thing Nemisis can you tell me one thing. When i play Movies on my laptop ( Present Aci ) with out the Electrical Adaptor ...that is on battaries the video is not smooth and is jerky until i put it on electrical Adaptor... Do you face such issues with you Dell...
Only i am thinking of investing more than a Lacs i dont want to regret later with the laptop...
Thanks one more people !!!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i think the problem is because ur laptop's processor and graphics card step down their speed 2 save power...that may b the reason 4 jerky video...i havent tried playin a movie on the battery yet...mine is a desktop replacement so i dont care much abt the battery life..... my power saving setting slows down my graphics card and dims my display 2 conserve battery life...i went 2 the dell website and saw that they dont have inspiron 9100 laptops anymore....dunno if they still have em in India....they do have a new 9200 based on a centrino...check it out...go 4 a centrino if u want good battery life....

swatkat

Technomancer
Zenith Presidio.It rocks.Price Rs.70,000.Features:-
1]Centrino ,Pentium M 1.5 GHz,400 MHz FSB,2MB Cache
2]256 MB DDR 333MHz
3]40GB HDD
4]12.1 inch display
5]1 kg.
6]Win XP PRO
7]Intel Wireless LAN
8]Optional USB Combo Drive
OR