Ambassador of Buzz
1. Budget
15k. Not very tight, +/- 2k

2. Display type and size?
No preference

3. Dual sim?
Not required.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Since it is for my dad, was thinking of Samsung, but not sure how are samsung phones in this price range so am open to suggestions.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Won't be used much.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
Should have wifi calling, but I am guessing most if not all supports it these days. I don't think we are gonna get reliable 5g network in next 3-4 years so I am okay with 4g handset if I get better processor/ram in this range making it more future proof in this aspect.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling and browsing. No gaming at all.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung m32 and Redmi note 10.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Since my dad will be using it primarily, if possible I would take a phone with good build quality as he is a very rough user. He also don't change his phone very often, so shouldn't lag for at least next 3 years. As I mentioned, 5g future proof won't be required.

4G is still the way to go IMO. 5G phones aren't cheap enough yet.

M32 is a decent phone, but its biggest con seems to be lack of UFS 2.1 storage, hence slower storage. But for basic usage, this should be good & the big battery should help. Another option is M21 2021 edition, has a bit inferior camera & 60Hz vs 90Hz panel but that will help with even better battery life. IMO battery life is what your father should appreciate.

Still, if you want something a bit more balanced, get Moto G40 Fusion.

For 5G, check Poco M3 Pro 5G or Realme 8 5G:
Compare Xiaomi Poco M3 Pro 5G vs. Realme 8 5G vs. Realme Narzo 30 5G - GSMArena.com

Read the reviews there & do check comparisons by Indian youtubers as well.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I am just confused between moto g40 fusion and M32 now. My dad was using g5s plus until now and wasn't really happy with the device so have my doubts with motorola due to it. But motorola has been gone through ups and down in last few years after it was sold initially so not sure how well motorola devices are now.

I am only considering g40 fusion since it is built much better compared to m32, and my dad who drops the phone often, this could be a deal breaker.

Top Bottom