Pci slot Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
Anyone please recommend a graphics card which can be used on pci slot having transform and lightning, and pixel shading support and can play most of the games. 256MB card is preferrable.My budjet is 3.5k

mamba

In the zone
finding a 256mb card 4 pci slot would b next 2 impossible . i bought a fx 5200 128mb , n was double ur budget , so 4get a 256 mb 1

btw , selling my gfx card , interested ?? :D

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Even if u find a PCI based GFX card, it wud be of no use, it wont even support old games properly. Its better u dont buy a PCI based GFX card, if u still interested in it, then look in BAZAAR Section, u might find one, Good Luck

nix

hi

no, youre wrong. a PCI slot g card is not that bad. i have a 128MB one and i was able to play max payne 2, fifa 2005, nolf 2 and others at high detail. i'am sure it'll be able to play HL2 too. so, with a 256 MB one, you'll be able to play most games, again, this depends on the amount of RAM and your processor speed.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Re: hi

nix said:
no, youre wrong. a PCI slot g card is not that bad. i have a 128MB one and i was able to play max payne 2, fifa 2005, nolf 2 and others at high detail. i'am sure it'll be able to play HL2 too. so, with a 256 MB one, you'll be able to play most games, again, this depends on the amount of RAM and your processor speed.
Sorry for my earlier post but i m able to play Max Payne 2, NOLF2 and FIFA 2005 on my PC too without any GFX card. :wink:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
You fall in my league man. 8) I think I saw a GF4MX TnL PCI card going for abt 2300+tax. Maybe a little bit of research is all that U need man. Happy gamin'. :D Take care n don't worry, the graphix lord is on ur side. Maybe u could consider a Geforce FX 5300 based solution :idea:

nix

hi

you may be able to play those without the GFX card but with all the graphic details at minimum. and at a low resolution.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude replace your mbo with asrock 865 if you don't have much mney ,buy it for abt 2-3k and upgrade graphic card later when you have dough

though by that time you might want to upgrade your 2.4ghz anyways

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I recently came across a FX5700LE pci card ... but u'll have to really put a good effort in getting one of those coz they are so rare .....

DKant

In the zone
Gf4MX cost around 4000 on Ritchie Street, last I heard. That's a li'l too much to spend on a PCI card if u ask me. U cld probably get a new mobo as some1 suggested. U cld then get an FX 5200 AGP for just rnd 2-2.5K (definitely not more). If u don't wanna wait that long u can go for the MX, if u don't mind the 500 extra bux. Of course it's your choice ultimately.

After an extensive search (for myself) all I could find for a lower price was a SiS 32MB PCI card (315 chipset based) for 2150. It's equivalent to a GeForce 2, well just about. But it can't spell the p of pixel shading. So u can't play DIII and all that. But relatively undemanding games like PoP, Fifa 2k5, NFS UG (1&2) will work. HL2 should work methinx, if the rest of ur system is capable enuf. Of course u can't play hotter games like CoD, Splinter Cell, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom