PC build for Gaming & Workstation.

The Zephyrus

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming (BF3, Hitman: Absolution,Dirt Series, Farcry series, Crysis series, Assassin's Creed Series, COD-Series, Trine, Batman Series, Guild Wars,Darksiders, DMC, Borderlands, Mass effect, GTA, Max Payne Series, CS:GO, Aliens:CM and the other usual 3D games and FIFA/NBA stuffs. )
Softwares : Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X6, AutoDesk Products, Matlab, LAbView,3D max, Blender, Pygame, MS office 365, Android and Apple Apps development, Fruity Loop studio, Guitar Pro, Xilisoft Ultimate Video/Audio converters and the usual office and open source tools for development.)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max 1.25L

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Ultimate,Win Xp Pro, Ubuntu 12, Fedora 18

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 6TB+

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I already have one Panasonic Viera TH-P42GT50D Full HD -3D(1920*1080)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Audio Device : Altec Lansing VS4121BLK,
DVD drive-LG & Samsung,
K/B & Mouse From Razer Black Widow Ultimate & Death Adder

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 3 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, i will build it on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune. Don't mind buying online also.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Will be needing an SSD drive, Blu Ray Drive
i have jotted down a sys config need your recommendations/opinions over it

Intel build:
CPU: i7 3770K
Mobo: MSI Z77 mPower/ ASUS P8Z77 Pro/Deluxe
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 (will be using in SLI mode in other 6 months)
RAM: Vengeance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 :(CMZ16GX3M2A1866C10R)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Cooler Master GX 850W
Storage: Western Digital RE 3TB x2 (Black) {As WD is best in terms of after sales servicing.}
Storage: OCZ Agility 3 120GB x2
Cooling solution: H100i/Hyper Evo 212+/ Hyper Evo 412 Slim
I would like to avoid the hassle of water cooling where in the coolant must be replaced.

AMD Build:
CPU: AMD FX8350
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
GPU: AMD HD7970 (will be using in CF mode in other 6 months)

Please provide your suggestions for the best price to performance ratio.
I don't wanna upgrade in the next 3 years.
Also is it worth waiting for the Haswell i4 processor or the Steamroller processors?

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
If buying pc now then just get it.. your choosen rig looks good to me

if u will be buying within 3 months, then also i wont recommend haswell cause they would just have hit the markets and could be overpriced. So if you want haswell then you should wait at least 1-2 months after haswell launches to make sure that u aint getting ripped....

tell you what, ask the same question before 1 month of purchase

also just so you know, processors are not the only upcoming developments, nvidia is set to launch titan in the very close future and 780 later this year...

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 3 months

No sense in asking now, Intel's Haswell architecture will be launching in about 3 months, maybe a couple of more new products too, so suggesting a rig at this time will not be justified. Do come back after 3 months :)

Top Bottom