Package sending/receiving but No Internet

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Last week internet was down. Don't know why, tried some trouble shooting like
Restarting system
Restarting modem
Unplug and replug all the pins/connection

Something I noticed while doing this. I see in Ethernet status - activity that packages are being sent/received but no internet connection. Here is the snapshot.

*i.imgur.com/Umrjh2T.png

I would like to know if this is normal? and where the packages are sent (or from where I am receiving) with no internet?

I googled, but the discussions are about how to fix the connection. Didn't find any answer to my question.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Which OS ?

Which ISP ?

The first thing you need to do in such cases is to check with your ISP on whether the connection is down at their end.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Packets received are too low compared to packets sent.On a usual internet connection used for browsing,the no. of packets received are always much more than packets sent(after all you just click a link to sent a packet of request but the entire web page downloads with lots of images/animations with many more packets of data received).

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Perhaps the packets are being sent/received to/from your router.
Yeah, this sounds right. Thank you.
Which OS ?
Which ISP ?
The first thing you need to do in such cases is to check with your ISP on whether the connection is down at their end.
Win 10
BSNL
Yeah, it was down. If I pick up the phone to complain right off the bat, they will suggest whole host of troubleshooting option. So I do the troubleshooting I know, then I will call. And it happened during non working hours, so booked the complaint. They called me after 4-5hrs and told that they have a problem in exchange level. It's fixed now

I was little skeptical about the packages being sent/received when there is no internet. Doubted if this could be virus attack :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless you disable your network adapter there will always be some packets sent & if pc is connected to any other active pc/device via a network adapter then there will always be some packets received.

Top Bottom