online games

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
do i need to buy original games to play them online?
I think some pirated games can be played online on cracked servers. But that's just not worth it , afaik . and I don't know much about this.

However I do know that there a are quite a few free multiplayer games available. Check out this list : here . Also there is alien storm on steam - free multiplayer game by Valve

Prices are fair.
nope they aren't

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I think some pirated games can be played online on cracked servers. But that's just not worth it , afaik . and I don't know much about this.

However I do know that there a are quite a few free multiplayer games available. Check out this list : here . Also there is alien storm on steam - free multiplayer game by Valve

nope they aren't

Alien Swarm , not Storm. It's a decent game, but too short. Hope you get some South-East asian players else it'll be a bit too laggy. At least it's free :)

Moonbase Alpha is also another free game on Steam.

I personally recommend "League of Legends" . If you've played the DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) mod for Warcraft 3 , you'll know what I'm talking about. Oh, and it's totally free too :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey guys
do i need to buy original games to play them online?

games which are played online are generally MutiPLayer games or MMORPGs...
yes u do have to buy them original otherwise u wont be able to play them online on a pirated copy....

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
They are completely fair for PC in India. Do your research before buying games, you will never go wrong. and no one has asked anyone to buy every game out there. :p

I kind of agree that one doesn't have to buy every game. Buying 1-2 game would make things cheaper. But the thing is that in India incomes vary wildly. While PC games may be considered fair for some who have a nice income(like many of this forum) , for most of us others , PC games prices are just too high. They simply convert prices from USD to INR without taking into account PPP

Source
PPP is the best method to compare the standards of living in different
countries. According to The United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), the purchasing power parity conversion factor of India compared to US dollar is 16.537 in 2007. Purchasing power parity conversion factor is defined as the required number of units of a country’s currency to buy the same amount of goods and services in their local market as one U.S. dollar would buy in the United States of America. In other words, when a person spends Rs.45 in US to buy a product in his country, you can get the same product in India at Rs.16.50 only. This means products in India are almost three times cheaper than in the US.
Quite simply for any game to be priced fairly it will have to be 3 times cheaper, than its price in $'s . Like GTA4, portal 2

btw what are come cheap quality multiplayer games one can buy?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Most games are properly priced in India. Simple conversion of USD to INR doesn't happen as far as Windows games are concerned. (Forget about CoD)

Crysis 2 = $45 in USA. In India, it is Rs.750. Portal 2 = $49 in USA. In India, it is Rs. 650. Orange Box = $30. In India, it is Rs.650.

Certainly those who can afford to buy a gaming PC or a 30-40k computer in India, can afford to buy a few genuine games once in a while.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Crysis 2 = $45 in USA. In India, it is Rs.750. Portal 2 = $49 in USA. In India, it is Rs. 650. Orange Box = $30. In India, it is Rs.650.
Those sound reasonable . Thanks

Certainly those who can afford to buy a gaming PC or a 30-40k computer in India, can afford to buy a few genuine games once in a while.
agreed. But most people (that I know), buy PC in the range of 10-20k.

OP
pritamk

pritamk

Broken In
im thinking about buying Battlefield bad company 2 or call of duty MW 2?
which is better regarding availability of servers, ping and gameplay?
i will have BSNL broadband connection Rs 1350 Plan.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

I don't know about COD , but I've never had servers with decent ping for any of the Battlefield games. The minimum I got was around 150 ms from a Japanese server.

gameranand

Living to Play
pritamk said:
For only MP COD is better for ping rates and servers.

pritamk said:
i want to play First Person Shooter games like COD?
plz suggest games that i can play online
If you want games which are free then Counter Strike and Urban Terror.

Top Bottom