OilRush [PC - cross platform]

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
OilRush is an upcoming tower defense real-time strategy game being developed by Unigine Corp using their Unigine engine technology. Set in a post-apocalyptic flooded world, the game consists of players fighting over control of the world's remaining oil reserves.

[youtube]q4dPuQ4pw70[/youtube]

Pre-order for $19.95 - *oilrush-game.com/info/

gameranand

Living to Play
So now we are going to play a RTS completely in water. Well I hope it end up well teaser looks good to me.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
It's currently on a pre-build though. A Mac build has also been released along with the Windows, Linux and PS3 versions. Game Graphics are fantastic, though that'll really sweat even the most advanced of graphics cards.

Game needs more mainstream attention though, the developers have spent millions on the technology of its excellent engine but now it's time to market it.

Anyway it's a cult game for the Linux community at this point. Check out this review - Our hands on preview of Unigine’s upcoming Oil Rush

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]0aA_9E7n5ro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UPYdJXEROlI[/YOUTUBE]

It will come on Steam too.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
These would give you a rough about whether system requirements will be heavy or not.

*www.phoronix.com/data/img/results/sapphire_radeonhd_6950/3.png
*www.phoronix.com/data/img/results/amd_a83850_graphics/6.png

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Released date confirmed on January 25, 2012
Oil Rush Release Date and Special Offers for Indie Developers | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR)
[YOUTUBE]jlkEqrvQ19c[/YOUTUBE]

patrick4

Chief
first impressions of the game..

its a neat game.. easy to understand and straight to the point.
played in easy mode and the first few mission are completed with just a few clicks of the mouse..
the graphics are good.. give you option of choosing dx9, dx10, dx11
altough it is marketed as a TD genre, there is very little td element in it.. but there are other exiting features with makes the game lots of fun..

whats good
easy to learn.. lots of fun
good graphics
nice concept

whats bad
little strategy (for experienced gamers)
poor interface - for the first few hours, i feels like the game is not 100% complete.. dont get me wrong there is no issues with the actal game.. but the menu interface and the sprites, videos etc are not synced properly.. but after a while i skipped all the cutscenes and got used to it.. overall interface looks very buggy. (played in dx 11 mode on my alienware 17x and nvidia 580x card)

i would surely recommend this for all strategy and TD fans..

Top Bottom