NVME M.2 PCIe ssd for 5K

user28

Journeyman
Please suggest me NVME M.2 ssd for around 5K. I am fine even if it is 250 GB. I had a new Ryzen 3200G with ASRock B450 M4 Pro and 16 GB RAM. Speed and performance is what i am looking for and no it is not for heavy gaming but may include light gaming which is yet to start.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best NVMe ssd in its price range, get it asap because its 512gb version used to sell for ~6k in Jan but after its stock finished the price never went back to that. I am expecting this model also to be soon out of stock & later come back with price increase.
*www.onlyssd.com/buy/wd-blue-sn550-250gb-m-2-pci-express-3-0-x4-nvme-ssd-wds250g2b0c/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
On second thought, stretch your budget a bit & get this.
*www.onlyssd.com/buy/kingston-a2000-500gb-m-2-2280-nvme-pcie-ssd-sa2000m8-500g/

P.S. whatever you decide buy it fast because nowadays stock is getting finished quickly.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
And if i increase my budget till 6K, is the increase worth for the same 500GB in terms of speed?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whats the difference between Kingston's A2000 and K2000 series?
Technically KC2000 series is better but practically the difference isn't noticeable enough so only worth buying if getting at just a little costlier than A2000 series.

And if i increase my budget till 6K, is the increase worth for the same 500GB in terms of speed?
No. To notice speed difference among decent/good NVMe you need to have a very specific usage case scenario which a typical user don't have.

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
Thanky you @whitestar_999. I had ordered it. Is a heat sink required for this considering that the pc will be used continuously for 4 to 6 hours a day? But not on gaming or heavy memory intensive usage. I saw some youtube reviews recommending heat sink but the tests and results are for very processor and memory intensive. I had searched amazon for the nvme ssd heatsinks and found only one brand- glotrends. No idea about its quality or durability.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanky you @whitestar_999. I had ordered it. Is a heat sink required for this considering that the pc will be used continuously for 4 to 6 hours a day? But not on gaming or heavy memory intensive usage. I saw some youtube reviews recommending heat sink but the tests and results are for very processor and memory intensive. I had searched amazon for the nvme ssd heatsinks and found only one brand- glotrends. No idea about its quality or durability.
A heat sink is only needed for either known bad models running much hotter than usual(adata sx6000 series) or a very specific usage scenario(you need an unusual workload to stress a NVMe continuously for more than 5-10min) which a typical person is unlikely to encounter.

Top Bottom