Nova Launcher and Sesame Search get acquired by Branch

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Looks like I need to find a replacement for this or get it from other sources despite paying for the prime version. :|

*www.xda-developers.com/branch-acquires-nova-launcher-and-sesame-search/

Nova Launcher is a name that is synonymous with third-party launchers. It is by far one of the most popular Android launchers to date and has been around for a long time. But perhaps due to its relevance and longevity, the company behind it has now been acquired, ushering in a new era.

In a press release on its website, Nova Launcher shared that it had been acquired by Branch. Branch is a data analytics firm that has helped thousands of companies since its inception in 2014. Thankfully, Branch has not only purchased the app, but it will also keep developer Kevin Barry on staff to work on the app going forward. The company will also get support from Cliff Wade, who is the current community manager behind Nova Launcher.

Barry states that despite the acquisition, things won’t change. He will still be in charge of the “direction and development” of the launcher going forward. Although there might be some integrations to the app from Branch, the use of those integrations will be fully optional. Along with adding Nova Launcher into its portfolio, Branch will also acquire Sesame Search. The company provides Nova Launcher with a contacts search engine. Branch will also keep the existing developers of Sesame Search.

Maybe I will give the One UI launcher a try. I have been using Nova Prime for so many years that I don't even remember, was bought for ₹70, I think.

Top Bottom