Nobody can solve this puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I saw the above puzzle 2 days ago. I gave up without even trying. The solution as I later saw was indeed as riduculous as I thought it would be :oops:. I mean how cld even make such a puzzle??

@exx btw were you able to solve it??

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ive pretty much done all of Nunns puzzles :) . You should see the harder ones like those above Mate 3 etc.

Hint: The solution is to create a new mate by opening up a square while not easing the pressure on the King

legolas

Padawan
The king is stale in the position. So we just have to make a move to force black to put his pieces elsewhere.
But, this is really good. took me lots of time to figure out all the possibilities.

After white makes say Rh1,

Black can make
1) B*C7 then, Rh4#
2) C3, then, Nd3#
3) If either of the bishop comes in e-file, then, e3#
4) If bishop comes on f-file, then, Qf5#
5) If Re7 or Rf6, then, Rh4#
6) if Rf7, then, Nd5#
The king is fc*ked!! there are more cases which are obvious.

legolas

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'll post a question a day if possible :) . If someone else does it then I'll postpone it for the next day. So keep the scenarios coming. As you probably guessed I love chess .

I'm not sure if this is supposed to go into gaming but if it does then I would definitely appreciate if anyone did. I think it might get a wider audience? Never thought that there was alot of Chess players in this forum :D .

praka123

left this forum longback
very interesting;but my knowledge of chess ~=0 :? BTW,can king can kill the near enemies?I mean in the just near squares (sry for dumbo questions :p)

gonna start playing with computer in gnome-chess or 3D chess ;)

legolas

Padawan
@Praka123, :) Yes, King can kill anyone (except the opponent king) who is in the immediate adjacent positions. The kings cant be in the immediate adjacent position. So, the possibility doesn't arise!

@exx_2000, may be we should play sometime!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
very interesting;but my knowledge of chess ~=0 BTW,can king can kill the near enemies?I mean in the just near squares (sry for dumbo questions )

The King can move or Kill anything in adjacent squaes provided it doesn't put him in Check on Capture . An important concept in the End-Game is to have an active king. In the end game the King is usually regarded as the powerful piece. (Since the Queen usually won't be there in the end game)

@exx_2000, may be we should play sometime!
Sure but Im really just a beginner at Chess so I might not be enough competition for you :) .
Anyway heres todays question

Quiz 3

*img524.imageshack.us/img524/9612/nunn3ha1.jpg

You know the drill! White to Mate in 2 :).

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Here comes another one.

Quiz 4.

*img238.imageshack.us/img238/8963/nunn4ob9.jpg

This one is cool. I found this question very very interesting . Oh and WHite to Mate in 3 :) .

PS : Im online now if you want to play Chess. I have enough time for a game or two.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Including a hint now.

Hint : Look for amazingly ridiculous moves. In other words its a vmoe thats not very obvious :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom