New RBI regulations regarding recurring payments

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No one thought about creating a thread about this so here it is.

This thread is for discussing everything related to the new RBI regulations regarding recurring payments on your credit/debit cards.

How is it affecting you and what countermeasures have you taken to maintain recurring payments and the services affected.

Edit:

So, I received a mail from Spotify saying the following:

Action needed: Update your payment method
Since October 1, 2021, your payment method is no longer supporting auto-renew subscription due to new payment regulations.
If you'd like to continue automatically renewing your Spotify Premium subscription monthly, you need to switch to a card that supports recurring payments.

Visa branded cards with these banks:

AU Small Finance Bank (credit only)
Axis Bank
Bank of Baroda (debit only)
Citibank (credit only)
HDFC Bank
ICICI Bank
IDFC First Bank (credit only)
IndusInd Bank (credit only)
Kotak Bank
Ratnakar Bank/RBL(debit only)
State Bank of India (credit only)
Yes Bank (credit only)

Mastercard branded cards with these banks:

Axis Bank (debit only)
Citibank
HDFC Bank
ICICI Bank (debit only)
IndusInd Bank (credit only)
Ratnakar Bank/RBL (debit only)
Yes Bank (credit only)

All AMEX branded cards

You also have the option to switch to one of our prepaid plans. Find out more here.
You can see the most up-to-date list of cards supporting recurring payments here. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience with these new regulations. If you have any questions, visit customer support.

Here, they gave a list of cards which might be exempt from the RBI regulations somehow. Can any of you guys verify if this applies to all services?

I myself have a Citibank Visa credit card and it appears to work no issues.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Still I am getting the same error for my icici Mastercard that the bank has put the card on hold since October 1st onwards.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Why would they put the whole card on hold?
That's what I am asking their CC but they say it's alright from their side
But Mastercard has been banned since July,22,2021 onwards so any new transaction will not be allowed like adding a new Mastercard for online transaction from Steam or Uplay likewise.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
But Mastercard has been banned since July,22,2021 onwards so any new transaction will not be allowed like adding a new Mastercard for online transaction from Steam or Uplay likewise.

I don't think existing card users are banned from usage. Only new cards won't be issued. I am still using MC and even made a transaction yesterday. However recurring payments are not supported for Netflix as well as my insurance policies in my case.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I don't think existing card users are banned from usage. Only new cards won't be issued. I am still using MC and even made a transaction yesterday. However recurring payments are not supported for Netflix as well as my insurance policies in my case.

I am not even able to add my MC to steam
It's saying to take a look at the below specified details and change them accordingly
I did so many times but it's saying the same
EDIT: I just added by correcting some commas and it took my MC
Unnecessarily I ordered a VISA card
Shall I use it or return it or block it?
What to do?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Like I reported on the Steam thread, my Mastercard debit card from Citibank worked with Steam no problem. I tested it by adding some funds to my steam wallet and it worked.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I am not even able to add my MC to steam
It's saying to take a look at the below specified details and change them accordingly
I did so many times but it's saying the same
EDIT: I just added by correcting some commas and it took my MC
Unnecessarily I ordered a VISA card
Shall I use it or return it or block it?
What to do?

Since we don't know what's going to happen with MC down the line, might help to keep visa as a back up.

Top Bottom