New PC for Office Department - 2.5 - 3 lakhs

vindance1

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Office departmental PC. BI apps like Power BI, Qlik, R. High requirement of CPU and RAM.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 2.5 to 3 lakhs

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64 bit professional + good antivirus subscription (please include in the config)

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: SSD 1 TB + HDD 4 TB + 4 TB External HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No graphics card, mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1 month max

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: It will be procured by the IT department. Not my problem.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Only Intel config. Minimum 64 GB RAM.

Unless your IT team is good at taking care of issues, maybe buy pre-built from companies like Dell, HP or Lenovo with their extended warranty support.

CPU - i9 10900K - 47k

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D15/be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 - 8.5k

Mobo - MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk - 20.5k

RAM - 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz - 28k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB - 10k

HDD - WD/Seagate 4TB - 8.8k x2 (similar price for ext ones )

PSU - Corsair RM750 - 10.5k

Cabinet - Corsair 275R Airflow or other mid tower ATX with meshed front - 7.5k (can vary)

Total - 149.6k

OS - Win10 Pro -14k

AV - Kaspersky Total Security maybe
I use BitDefender because its similar in performance but much cheaper.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Unless your IT team is good at taking care of issues, maybe buy pre-built from companies like Dell, HP or Lenovo with their extended warranty support.

CPU - i9 10900K - 47k

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D15/be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 - 8.5k

Mobo - MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk - 20.5k

RAM - 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz - 28k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB - 10k

HDD - WD/Seagate 4TB - 8.8k x2 (similar price for ext ones )

PSU - Corsair RM750 - 10.5k

Cabinet - Corsair 275R Airflow or other mid tower ATX with meshed front - 7.5k (can vary)

Total - 149.6k

OS - Win10 Pro -14k

AV - Kaspersky Total Security maybe
I use BitDefender because its similar in performance but much cheaper.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. You are right about the maintenance part. Can you please suggest a pre built system as well.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. You are right about the maintenance part. Can you please suggest a pre built system as well.
No idea, expect similar config with poor mobo, PSU & even cooling for at least 2.5 lakhs from Dell. I know that a Dell Precision desktop with i7 10700, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD costs about 1 lakh excluding taxes. Also, they charge about 30k for 32GB RAM kit. I think it has 3 years of support included but not sure. Inquire with them.

Top Bottom