New laptop for personal use/study/work

itsaashish

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Thin and Light; 14" screen
  • Backlit (Preferable)
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Heavy Excel files, online classes, 10 tabs open in chrome

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Anything new so i won't have to purchase another laptop in next 2-3 years

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Abroad (Nepal) )
  • Getting these rates before discount. Is it worth it if I get 10% discount?
Lenovo IP S145 i514” FHD8th Gen Core Intel i5Intel Integrated4GB1TB HDDINR 46500
Lenovo IP S145 i514” FHD8th Gen Core Intel i5NVIDIA GeForce MX110 2GB4GB1TB HDDINR 50000

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If willing to compromise on screen size then on lenovo India site there is this model which is currently out of stock:
IdeaPad S145 39.6 cms - Grey. Model Number: 81UT001NIN Comes with ryzen 3200U processor+4gb ram+512gb ssd for Rs.27990 after discount.

For 14" screen this option seems good:
*www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-300-series/Lenovo-ideapad-330S-14IKB/p/88IP30S0987

For backlit keyboard this is the best option at 35k if you can get it:
*www.amazon.in/VivoBook-M409DA-EK146T-Integrated-Fingerprint-Transparent/dp/B082PB9GDN

OP
I

itsaashish

Broken In
Great. Thanks.

One small query. Is it possible for me to add additional RAM or do i have to get a technical person.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great. Thanks.

One small query. Is it possible for me to add additional RAM or do i have to get a technical person.
It depends, in most laptops ram can be upgraded by just opening a small compartment at the bottom panel with a single screw & then you have to put in the ram in empty slot. However if you have not done this before then absolutely make sure to watch some youtube videos & clear any doubts by asking before attempting it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Great. Thanks.

Yes, by default the manufacturer provides 2 RAM slots in laptops for upgrading it later on. Only, thing u need to be aware of is that some manufacturer embed RAM into the motherboard PCB. like my brothers Lenovo Ideapad (I didn't know until I opened it)

Great. Thanks.

Each laptop's support page by the manufacturer has a detailed manual & service guide. Just follow to know how many screws to remove & where they are. You can open it & add it yourself. Some companies, like Acer & MSI, keep a warranty void sticker over a screw. If you are not confident, just take it to a service centre with your purchased new RAM, Acer charged ₹500 to add RAM for my friend's laptop.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, by default the manufacturer provides 2 RAM slots in laptops for upgrading it later on. Only, thing u need to be aware of is that some manufacturer embed RAM into the motherboard PCB. like my brothers Lenovo Ideapad (I didn't know until I opened it)
Not these days, Many Asus laptops come with 1 Ram soldered and the other Slot User Serviceable.

Top Bottom