scope,demand) ? C,C++,JAVA,.NET etc :)

Eager 2 know from u guys :mrgreen:

Well I have 3 questions: :-D

Q1.What is Pre & Postsolution in .NET ? :confused:
Q2.What is .suo file ?
Q3.What is the current ranking of programming languages(in terms of their

Eager 2 know from u guys :mrgreen:
C - for unix style kernel programming. recomended learn, as its fairly easy.

C++ - current industry standard for developing applications on a machine.

Java - Fast taking over C++, as its web enabled, and is recomended for all web programmers to learn. Its simpler than C++, and is very secure.

.NET - Its a M$ framework for M$ O$es like Window$ Vi$ta. Being partially OSSed, and is semi ported to other platforms. Its not as opportunity giving as the rest.

recomended order of importance given while learning: Java >> C > C++ >>>> .Net

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I can't answer first 2 questions.

For 3rd....

If u know C language, then all other (procedural) languages are not hard to learn. U can master them very easily.

As C++ is combination of Procedural and Object Oriented, it's good for those who having C base and want to learn Object Oriented languages such as Java.

Now a days, there is much hype for Java and .NET
Better is to go for Java first and then .NET
It's always good to go as C --> C++ --> Java/.NET

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Q1.What is Pre & Postsolution in .NET ? :confused:
never heard about it :confused:
Q2.What is .suo file ?
its the visual studio solution user option file, it is used to store IDE user customised IDE settings, it also holds some sourcesafe information.
Q3.What is the current ranking of programming languages(in terms of their

Demand for C is in embedded platform.

C++ is in driver development (both win as well as in *nix as well as in BSD ) and also application programming in linux via QT/GTK , Win32 Programming in windows. And basically not for web development. This is baap of all programming languages very powerfull but people go away from it as the learning curve is a bit steep.

Java , used to build web applications, applets/apps, and also apps for mobile devices. One language for many platform.

.NET - is also used for building web applications, win apps , as well as mobile device application. Many languages for one platform. The major programming language is C# and vb.net J#( similar to java), but .NET also support about 25+ other languages. what this does is it gives you the freedom to chose you programming language of your choice.

The demand is everywhere, be it C,C++, java or .NET . Job openings of skilled C/C++ developers is low considering java and .NET , when it comes to java & .NET both are same. there are thousands of companies offering jobs in these two fields.

As C++ is combination of Procedural and Object Oriented, it's good for those who having C base and want to learn Object Oriented languages such as Java.

Now a days, there is much hype for Java and .NET
Better is to go for Java first and then .NET
It's always good to go as C --> C++ --> Java/.NET
thanks for repeating my lines :lol:
yes, Java IS the language to learn, after learning C. And yes, C is a very good base provider. Its like learning basic mathematics before calculus. You get a firm foundation if you study C, which also has the advantage of having some of the most powerful compilers ever made, like GCC, Intel C, IBM C, Microsoft C, etc.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
how can i start with .NET ??
You have two choice , either VB.NET or C#.
You can download the Visual Studio Express Editions from here or check with dec DVD of digit , I think it was given.

Everything you need to start learning about .NET is in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom