Need to buy a REAL smartwatch under 10k

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I decide to buy
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
But there are LTE version and Bluetooth version.
Can anyone explain or provide a buying guide?
Budget under 10k + discounts cashback etc

*www.samsung.com/in/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch4-black-bluetooth-sm-r860nzkainu/buy/

*www.samsung.com/in/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch4-black-lte-sm-r875fzkainu/buy/

*www.samsung.com/in/watches/galaxy-watch/galaxy-watch4-black-bluetooth-sm-r870nzkainu/buy/

Last edited:
Wait till 9 Oct for the sale.

LTE version supports eSIM & can be used as a standalone device for calling, etc, from what I know vs needing to connect to phone for such stuff in BT version. Galaxy Watch 4 is reviewed well & considered a good buy under 10k. From what I remember, it went to as low as 8k with offers.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Wait till 9 Oct for the sale.

LTE version supports eSIM & can be used as a standalone device for calling, etc, from what I know vs needing to connect to phone for such stuff in BT version. Galaxy Watch 4 is reviewed well & considered a good buy under 10k. From what I remember, it went to as low as 8k with offers.
It's available for 7.5k now including card discounts.

So I should buy the LTE version. Okay.
eSIM in India is free?

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought the bluetooth version Watch 4 last year for about 9K. Its a good smart watch with good health features and readings.
Never felt the need to buy a LTE model as I'll have my phone with me always. LTE model would be better suited for those who go on long runs/playing sports/gym without their phones. For basic smart features bluetooth will suffice.
One point concerning Health features about this watch is that the ECG and Blood Pressure measuring features are not available for this watch in India. You can install a modded app that can be found on XDA Developers for both phone and watch. I have that installed on mine and it works good now.

It's available for 7.5k now including card discounts.

So I should buy the LTE version. Okay.
eSIM in India is free?
Not sure what you mean by free, its just a SIM which isn't physical, so need to put some plan to use that number like a regular SIM (unless I'm missing something about eSIMs). My friend just converted his physical SIM to eSIM for his Pixel 6a.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Not sure what you mean by free, its just a SIM which isn't physical, so need to put some plan to use that number like a regular SIM (unless I'm missing something about eSIMs). My friend just converted his physical SIM to eSIM for his Pixel 6a.
*youtu.be/JGjbEyJ2V7k?t=167

Charging extra for eSIM vs physical is stupid. Its a different SIM, with a different number & a plan for which you will need to pay anyways. With an LTE smartwatch, people can potentially have 3 SIMs (2 in phone, 1 in watch), and here I am using just 1 SIM.

For my friend, he ported his number from airtel to jio. He paid maybe 50 for new SIM issuance, that's all, else the physical to eSIM conversion was free & he did it from his home.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Charging extra for eSIM vs physical is stupid. Its a different SIM, with a different number & a plan for which you will need to pay anyways. With an LTE smartwatch, people can potentially have 3 SIMs (2 in phone, 1 in watch), and here I am using just 1 SIM.

For my friend, he ported his number from airtel to jio. He paid maybe 50 for new SIM issuance, that's all, else the physical to eSIM conversion was free & he did it from his home.

Okay got it.
I thought I could have the same number for eSIM. I never thought about how it will handle calls and SMS on these SIMs with one number.

Okay got it.
I thought I could have the same number for eSIM. I never thought about how it will handle calls and SMS on these SIMs with one number.
Maybe what they are offering in US is adding the eSIM to your already existing phone plan (something like family plan in postpaid for airtel & jio). Else it is stupid to pay $10 extra for eSIM, then pay for the plan as well.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

I did a search.
And it's different from what you've said.
For Jio sim, number sharing is there.
But I don't know how that works.
Also someone said on quora that you can call from any device. And on the Jio site they are saying that you can share existing numbers up to 2 devices.

I need more information.
About this eSIM, for the Jio network only.

If I get call then will it be notified by all eSIMs or just one sim?

Call receiving, calling, SMSing... etc etc.

Last edited:
I did a search.
And it's different from what you've said.
For Jio sim, number sharing is there.
But I don't know how that works.
Also someone said on quora that you can call from any device. And on the Jio site they are saying that you can share existing numbers up to 2 devices.

I need more information.
About this eSIM, for the Jio network only.

If I get call then will it be notified by all eSIMs or just one sim?

Call receiving, calling, SMSing... etc etc.
Oh, I didn't know that. Entirely new thing for me. As I said, the only experience I had with eSIM was my friend's conversion of his SIM to eSIM for using in 6a.

Top Bottom