Need recommendations for a 50-55" TV

yabbadaaba

Broken In
1. Budget? - Not sure what the appropriate budget would be considering all the required features. Would like to keep it at as min as possible in the range of 40-50K I guess

2. Display type and size - Non-OLED 50" OR 55"

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? - Streaming Movies & Series in highest possible resolution - 4k UHD remuxes + 4K HDR OTT + Youtube. No gaming.

4. Types and number of ports required? - For soundbar + streaming device

5. Preferred choice of brand? - Nothing as such but Sony/LG/Samsung would push the budget too high but if they are in budget then great

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? - No

7. Any other info that you want to share -

a. Looking to buy at Sept end/early Oct during festive sale on Amazon/FK/offline
b. Have gone through recommended TVs from rtings.com and r/4ktv + r/HTBuyingGuides but those are not relevant to indian market
c. Couldn't find any decent India specific reviews except Vineet and Techiebeez but they seem to be not reliable
d. Would be using streaming device so TV OS does not matter
e. Not majorly aware of technalities but from reviews having high peak brightness for HDR, FALD would be a plus

Wait for sale to begin at the end of the month.

Keep an eye on Sony X74L 55", historic low was 43k or so, usually under 48k after card offers. Best case scenario you might see LG OLED A3 48" near 60k, not sure why you want a non-OLED panel, do let me know.

What is your streaming device btw?

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
Wait for sale to begin at the end of the month.

Keep an eye on Sony X74L 55", historic low was 43k or so, usually under 48k after card offers. Best case scenario you might see LG OLED A3 48" near 60k, not sure why you want a non-OLED panel, do let me know.

Non-OLED mainly because of budget constraints.

Sony X74L - I am not keen on this due to - 2023 model, low peak brightness at 360 nits, no local dimming zones, don't care about Sony's upscaling abilities since I won't be playing such content.

What is your streaming device btw?

I'll be getting either of 4K Firestick or Google Chromecast or Walmart's Onn. 4k pro

Non-OLED mainly because of budget constraints.

Sony X74L - I am not keen on this due to - 2023 model, low peak brightness at 360 nits, no local dimming zones, don't care about Sony's upscaling abilities since I won't be playing such content.

I'll be getting either of 4K Firestick or Google Chromecast or Walmart's Onn. 4k pro
X74L has Google TV, so need of streaming device

My LG C3 OLED's max sustained brightness is barely 200nits. I never use it at 100% brightness, more like at 30-40%. My monitor is 400 nits, again I never use it at 100% brightness, usually around 15%. 360 nits is bright enough.

You won't get good FALD at this price. Can consider Hisense U7K, might be 50k for 55" if it gets back in stock.

Top Bottom