Need mobo+cpu+ram (30k budget)

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
Ok. Update.
Did the bench test after which I took it over to a service center about 10 days ago. Today they called and said that it couldn't be repaired - something about the bios shorting out. Looks like a new motherboard for me then

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
Can you guys suggest a good ASUS motherboard. I have a service center in my town and never had problems with a previous one that I had.
Also an MSI board has been suggested above. How good are they now. I had heard earlier that their after sales service is not that good.
One more thing: b450 or b550
Any specific advantages choosing newer b550?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There are not a lot of Asus B450s available in the market.
B450M A II is there, and it's good enough. TUF B450M Pro is bit expensive, for the price you could get B550.

DestGod

Journeyman
Can you guys suggest a good ASUS motherboard. I have a service center in my town and never had problems with a previous one that I had.
Also an MSI board has been suggested above. How good are they now. I had heard earlier that their after sales service is not that good.
B550s have PCIe 4.0 and better IO. On the higher end B550s, you'll see other goodies like better audio codecs, more M.2 slots and more tweakable BIOS options. Most of these aren't relevant. Apart from these, there is not much of a point in going with B550s, at least in the budget builds.

Asus Prime B450M A II is a good board, it has a BIOS flashback button (which other budget boards lack), which might not sound like a big deal but can come in handy in skewed situations.

Do you plan to upgrade CPU to say 5600X or 5800X3D in future? If yes, get at least a good budget B550 like MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi for under 11k. Asus TUF is good, cheaper ones are not.

Else, B450 is enough, save money.

200W is an unrealistic power draw for anything other than an OC'd R9 5950X. 5800X3D barely consumes 110W on full load if I remember correctly.
mobo VRM mid B550 (2).png

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
After a lot of contemplation(like I always do) I went ahead with asus tuf b450m pro 2. It has good audio as per spec. Initially I thought of going ahead with MSI B550M pro vdh, but after seeing quite a few negative reviews I dropped the thought. Well I hope I'm right.
Anyway guys, thanks for all your suggestions and advices.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
After a lot of contemplation(like I always do) I went ahead with asus tuf b450m pro 2. It has good audio as per spec. Initially I thought of going ahead with MSI B550M pro vdh, but after seeing quite a few negative reviews I dropped the thought. Well I hope I'm right.
You should have gone with B550 but anyways congrats.

MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi is the best VFM B550 out there. If you bought Asus B450 above 7-8k, it is definitely not worth it for all reasons except aesthetics. Great buy, if at 7k.

Top Bottom