Need complete step by step guide for setting up wifi using bsnladsl modem (siemens c2110) and wifi .

djanirban

New to this forum
Freinds first of all i want everyone to know that i dont know anything about setting up networks so please who ever provide the answer please explain the whole process in step by step with details.
I have a nokia siemens c2110 adsl modem i want to connect wifi router to it so that i can use broadband internet in my android device also.Please suggest a device which will provide both wifi and a cable link by which i can also run internet in my desktop .i dont want to buy adsl 2+modem router i just want to purchase a wifi router . will it be possible if yes please provide the complete step by step tutorial to setup as i am going to first test it with my freinds wifi router :p .
THANK YOU in advance for your precious time and help.

bhadkow

Broken In
Re: Need complete step by step guide for setting up wifi using bsnladsl modem (siemens c2110) and wi

Yup, its possible. Buy any router.

1) Adsl line from the splitter goes into your modem.
2) Lan wire from your modem goes into Wan port of your router.
3) Lan wire from your router goes into your pc.

That's it. Everything should work fine.

Next comes the tricky part,

1) Do you want always on internet connection? Meaning, you need not login to your pc to dial and get connected, the router will do it for you. If yes, then login to your router and enter your bsnl username, password. (Screenshots, user interface varies from router to router)

2) Secure your wireless connection.

3) You can also change dhcp ip ranges for both your modem, router to avoid clashes. Use, 192.168.1.x to 192.168.1.xx for modem and 10.0.0.x to 10.0.0.xx for router.

Anyway, all of this stuff is pretty basic. You can learn it easily just by watching. Post screenshots/model number of the modem and router if you need a step by step guidance. Cheers ;)

Top Bottom