Need career guidance for depressed cousin

A

amit.tiger12

There is big problem and something going on with my cousin. We both are very close, same 24 age. He shares everything with me but he is in moodswing type and very depressed, not talking to anyone, even his parents, relatives, friends, (not in contact with any of friends for more than 1 year).
Only talking to me, but not often.
Somehow I managed to talk to him, and he made some revelations.

His career.. Background story.. (you can skip this para, his mind state as of now and earlier mentioned here)
After successfully completing 12th science vocational subject (electrical subject), he tried engineering in EXTC (electronics & tele-communication).
There is no problem with science or any engineering with him. I know him very well he did very good in some subject but failed many times in other subject. He got drop after 1st year. Then again in 3rd year he avoided drop by taking provisional admission in 3rd year and attempting and clearing failed subject (failed subject of 1st year which you can't carry in 3rd year). Because of 1st year drop, he failed in many subjects in 2nd year. He feared or something, so he did not attended any exams of failed subject and ongoing 3rd year 2nd semester subjects. So again he faced 4th year (last year) admission problem. Because of it he took 2nd drop. Some news came up about 3rd year dropped students, they are allowed to take provisional admission in 4th year by court in October 2014 because of new syllabus and grade system coming for next year engineering students (in 1 month exams and practicals are going to start for 4th year). So all mess was going with court, changing judges, court holidays etc etc. He took provisional admission for 4th year, gave vivas, practicals, final year project in November 2014 (written exam start in last week of November, detailed info of timetable on Mumbai university site). But then new court judge declined request of 4th year provisional admission of students and everyone got drop (Mumbai university, check news papers for more detail). He depressed again, not gave any exams of December 2014 and onwards to now, but did not took back his admission. Not doing anything, seating duck, not talking to anyone.

Basically he failed in engineering but not taking leaving certificate. More than 6 year now, after 12th in 2010. Only final year and some more failed subjects are remaining.
He love to do practical work more than theoretical, and in engineering there was nothing practical. He and i studied almost similar 12th electrical and engineering in tele-communication. So i know what he was actually thinking and taking. There is no problem with studying and technical knowledge, he knows better than me. Now he wants to move his ass, everything is changed since December 2014. I also can't help him deciding his career and job.
Everybody including me suggested him to take degree whichever he wants, for job its necessary (old thoughts). He wants to do something less than 2yr course or training for doing job, which is not decided yet. Suggest something related to technical field courses training, after 2010 12th pass or completed half engineering.
Or anything you can help him with.
He studied basic electrical, electronics and telecommunications, programming languages, and he know about computer and network security hardware corel draw web designing, interested in hacking.
Need help with suggesting appropriate and good choice of career, degree, certificate course..

I personally tried to convince him for appointment with career guidance and psychologist.
Please understand his case.

Matthew Arnold

Right off the assembly line
Hi dear..I understand you and your story about your cousin.For me it is fragment please don't mind,,,,listen to me carefully.Your cousin is very intelligent in actual he is not be aware of his own reality that what he has power.I know he is disturbed or depressed with his failure but as you saying he has no problem with engineering and also studied electrical,telecommunications etc..Instead of this only the problem is his depression.Many peoples have gone in the depression because they can not accept their failure in life..but according to me it is not end of life.Life is mixture of both ups and downs so we patiently & slowly have to accept every moment of life whether it is achievement wore failure.We should try just move on or never give up.According to me your cousin should exercise daily to get relief all his burden or then slowly he should try to recognize his inner beauty which is immortal.Then take one decision by doing any course which will be suitable or perfect for him...after all the movements he can easily get his goal.Give my best wishes to him.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Hi dear..I understand you and your story about your cousin.For me it is fragment please don't mind,,,,listen to me carefully.Your cousin is very intelligent in actual he is not be aware of his own reality that what he has power.I know he is disturbed or depressed with his failure but as you saying he has no problem with engineering and also studied electrical,telecommunications etc..Instead of this only the problem is his depression.Many peoples have gone in the depression because they can not accept their failure in life..but according to me it is not end of life.Life is mixture of both ups and downs so we patiently & slowly have to accept every moment of life whether it is achievement wore failure.We should try just move on or never give up.According to me your cousin should exercise daily to get relief all his burden or then slowly he should try to recognize his inner beauty which is immortal.Then take one decision by doing any course which will be suitable or perfect for him...after all the movements he can easily get his goal.Give my best wishes to him.

You are saying exercises, Physical or Mental?? Do suggest some exercise.??
I think he himself responsible for creating own depression.
Watching sad movies listening sad songs depress a person???

anky

Youngling
tell him to find online courses of his interest and learn by himself, joining an institute will again be like engineering. he can gain as much as practical knowledge by internships in various companies if he into core branch(electric etc) or if he is more into IT, then he can do anything in which he finds interest and find projects on github and even do some freelancing if he does good. earning money will encourage and make him happy like nothing else.
other than that please take care of his health and ask him to eat good and do some physical exercises and sports to get out of the depression.

Matthew Arnold

Right off the assembly line
Hi amit,
I would like to tell solutions.In yoga,Pranayama is best source of controlling the life force.You should advice him just start yoga which is best solution for all kinds of depression.He will get definitely relief while doing yoga.What's your thinking?

Top Bottom