Need an Amplifier for Speakers

Techguy

In the zone
I have 2 desktop speakers, and need an amplifier for them.

I think they're around 6 Ohms impedance.

Could you guys please recommend or tell me where I can buy an amp online?

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Budget? I'm not too sure how much it'll cost. Saw some on Amazon for 2-3k

The speakers are in an enclosure: A tweeter, woofer and a 7 inch sub.
There are 2 of these: one left, one right. There is an inbuilt crossover.

Watts, Brand, - They're unmarked, so I cannot tell you much. Impedance- 6-8 ohms.

Even if you could set me up with links of amps online I could select.
The amps I saw on amazon (2-3k) were of chinese make, and I'm not sure how long they'll last.

Btw, if the amp is gonna cost 3k+, might as well go in for new speakers?

- - - Updated - - -

BUDGET? Can you share the details of the speakers, like watts, drivers , make/model etc etc ?

Forgot to quote

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
DNM enterprise | DNM Audio | DNM product | DNM Audio product | dilip bajaj | audio equipment | Audio Dealer in mumbai | Audio Dealer in andheri | Audio Dealer in india | sound equipment | speakers | Graphic Equalizers | Amplifiers | Audio Card Reader

They make cheap and good amps that sounds good and lasts long over those Chinese amps.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
DNM enterprise | DNM Audio | DNM product | DNM Audio product | dilip bajaj | audio equipment | Audio Dealer in mumbai | Audio Dealer in andheri | Audio Dealer in india | sound equipment | speakers | Graphic Equalizers | Amplifiers | Audio Card Reader

They make cheap and good amps that sounds good and lasts long over those Chinese amps.

Thanks, but prices aren't mentioned. Any other recommendations?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Prices are within Rs 4/5 K. Other suggestion would be a Norge,but they will be around the price or slightly more expensive but super worth it.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Prices are within Rs 4/5 K. Other suggestion would be a Norge,but they will be around the price or slightly more expensive but super worth it.

The only issue is the DNM distribution channel. Do they sell products online? I would prefer products which are on an online marketplace.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Yes...otherwise your option at those prices...some unknown Chinese Crap at Amazon? Its way better than those.

Btw is it really worth paying around 6k for an amplifier? I could get a new 5.1 speaker set for that much( F&D etc.).
Why are amps so expensive?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Its because they are built to drive better speakers with more clarity and detail than those F&D can ever reproduce. Better Transformer/Preamp section costs money than 5.1 built in amps which are lame.A proper amp and speaker will elevate your music listening experience to a level you have not exoerienced till now. Those 2.1 and 5.1 are not what does music the way its meant to be.

Top Bottom